• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Finally have listened to my paradise phonostage for the first time, after being without tonearm, and moving to house i finally have everything up and running. Probably haven't tweaked the cartridge setup 100% yet.
Running it with Clearaudio TT-3 and a Sumiko Palo Santo Presentation, and it sounds wonderful. Impressed how low the background noise is - and dust-pops or stuff like that is ALOT quieter than anything i have heard before. Satisfied so far!
Also i should add extra resistors on the PSU CCS to get a little bit higher current through the regs (10mA extra or so) since i'm precisely around 30mA today - but this will happen later. Our garage (where i now will have a room for this hobby) is not finished yet, so everything with soldering is packed in boxes.

Finally have listened to my paradise phonostage for the first time, after being without tonearm, and moving to house i finally have everything up and running. Probably haven't tweaked the cartridge setup 100% yet.
Running it with Clearaudio TT-3 and a Sumiko Palo Santo Presentation, and it sounds wonderful. Impressed how low the background noise is - and dust-pops or stuff like that is ALOT quieter than anything i have heard before. Satisfied so far!
Also i should add extra resistors on the PSU CCS to get a little bit higher current through the regs (10mA extra or so) since i'm precisely around 30mA today - but this will happen later. Our garage (where i now will have a room for this hobby) is not finished yet, so everything with soldering is packed in boxes.

Cool, congratulations, that's a good start of the new year :)
But hey
Satisfied so far!
is that all? :) ;)

Cool, congratulations, that's a good start of the new year :)
But hey is that all? :) ;)

Haha, well - i have just listened through two records, and i haven't adjusted everything in - there is also right now little to much echo in our livingroom where i have my stereo-rig. So it is very hard compairing to my Tom Evans Microgroove Plus X, especially since i haven't listened vinyl in approx 8 months, and not compaired them with same conditions. So i rather state the obvious right now - and that is low noise, and generally really quiet when it comes to pops/dust.
So all i can say right now is that sound is good! :)

Will be fun to hear how it sounds when all pieces are falling in place.. Everything tends to move sloooow for me right now, both due to new built house (with alot to build & fix around and to the house) and especially when you have a 17mth old kid. Vinyl time is alot less than i would like it to be!