Pioneer PDP-503CMX 50" Plasma Display

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got this TV from my work and it is not operational. I poked around inside it with my multimeter seeing if I could get lucky and find obvious damage but was unsuccessful.
I wonder if anybody here has any experience with this TV specifically in determining if It is simply a power supply failure or something worse?
Or any ideas on how I can resurrect this beauty?
Thanks

Be aware that the spare parts for the commercial units are going to be priced like it is still a multi-thousand dollar professional (aka "revenue generating") capital good. In other words, you may get lucky and just need to spend a few hundred dollars on a new PSU. Or significant pieces of the imaging sub-system could be compromised ($$).

Service manuals can usually be ordered online, often for as little as $25. This could be money well-spent if it saves you from a money pit. :)

Bill

try here for the service manual-you will have to register and subscribe- http://www.television-magazine.co.uk/index.php?sid=a9a63c0eb974e2bf994f772e2ef19e6d
i do repair these units but depending on what has actually failed it may be a scrap set anyway-one major regular failure with this set is due to the ysus or zsus= the drivers failing which if either do the powersupply dies as a result-at 300 pounds plus the cost of yr sustain board and driver(whichever has failed) will usually scrap the set......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.