RCA wiring options

Hi everyone. So I am looking at a multiple amplifier system, 2 main amps with 2 subwoofer amps, designed for an entire house. There is quite a mess wen it comes to the RCA connections in the back, with some having to be splited to feed the signal to multiple devices. I am looking for a simpler option, maybe thinner RCA cables than standard. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I noticed the RCA patch panel option and that could work because all these amps are rack mounted, but just wanted to see if anyone has another suggestion, including what cables are best used in this case and if using a patch panel is the best possible option?

Thank you.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
A nice 19"(?) patch panel would be cool to fabricate. I made one long ago and it could adapt many different in- and outputs and speaker connections with switches. As for cables, buy good quality cable and some Rean or Neutrik connectors. Diy-ing them has the advantage that you have full control over the cable length. The end result will be neat.

The now mostly cannibalized remains:

_MG_3336 (1).JPG

Hugo

Last edited:
the connections do not need to be changed unless we make changes to the setup. I am trying to change the spaghetti wiring currently in place. I must say the rack mounted panel sounds good as it will integrate nicely with the other devices and provide a clean look. The ones I found are quite expensive so building one myself from parts may be a better alternative.

Reactions: 1 user