Refinishing vinyl advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I've been reading post here for months and I finally registered and this is my first post. I've haven't constructing loudspeakers and for good reason... I'm pretty much all-thumbs when it come to doing anything relate to "shop." I can assure that any third grader can do a project that would turn out better than any I have ever done. On the other hand I have
had some small success in refinishing small furniture items. Lately I've been wanting to refinish my bookshelf speakers. They are an ash black color in vinyl; I suspect that I will have redo them in the same color. No worries about that, a piano-gloss black finish would do nicely. I don't know for sure how to go about this, but I'm thinking that I should work with a vinyl dye such as SEM and, after it dries, apply several light coats of min-wax or lacquer. Is this that the right way to go about it? I'd appreciate you output for sure.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.