Regenerate lost hearing?

Ocasionaly a manganese defency will cause some hearing loss ( caution with this because high intake of manganese can cause brain dammage ) Well years ago my hearing toped out at about 18K in my right ear but couldn't hear anything above 5K in my left ear. After taking about 5mg of manganese a day for about 2 weeks I could now hear up to about 14K ok not perfect but after all I was 63 years old at the time . Well still take a little manganese from time to time and now 10 years later my hearing in the bad ear tops out at about 12K nit perfect but after all I am 73 years old. Oh HeyBill, my mild case of tinnitus cleared up after I started taking 25mg of zink per day but again you have to use some caution with zinc because long term use of it ablove 35 mg may depleat your body of copper.

Reactions: 1 users
No long ago I started taking zinc for it's health benifits and then after a while I noticed I was no longer bothered by tinnitus. Then I did a Google search about this and it seems taking zinc helps a lot of people but in most cases it doesn't totaly eleminate it but it helps. So I still take it.

Reactions: 1 user
My tinnitus hasn’t really ever effected me negatively it’s there, but to me it seems relatively quite when Im in a quiet place. Living life regularly it seems that it may be a touch louder. Recently i started to work on old tube style radio receivers, and since the frequency of my tinnitus changes I’m actually able to use my tinnitus to like help align them, or tell if something isn’t quite right. I’m also able to make my eardrums rumble/vibrate on command I haven’t find a use for this yet, but I think I’ve found one thing, but I think I could use it for other stuff too! Did an online hearing test last week and it showed pretty good results.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Anybody see Paul Simon last night on Stephen Colbert? He's got some interesting news. He had a consultation with the scientists of a group called the Stanford Initiative to Cure Hearing Loss. Apparently during the making of his most recent album Seven Psalms, he suffered unexplained hearing loss in his left ear. Apparently in the near future we can expect some serious breakthroughs in terms of cilia regrowth in the cochlea. This would impact hearing loss from lots of different sources.

Great interview btw.