reggae music

Your garden party system sounds similar to what I am looking at, but in a 2.2 setup. 10" sub and 8" 2way per stack. Will be going JL Audio W7 or similar to keep cab size to minimum and the FFA002 module in bridge at 700w per sub. The FFA001 hi/lo does 350w for the bass channel and 150w for the tweeter per side. I have the amps already just arrived. The drivers, still choosing

What do you think about the DJ-202 and Serato? Would it make for an ok setup, I still feel like the kid from the 90s :)

Your garden party system sounds similar to what I am looking at, but in a 2.2 setup. 10" sub and 8" 2way per stack. Will be going JL Audio W7 or similar to keep cab size to minimum and the FFA002 module in bridge at 700w per sub. The FFA001 hi/lo does 350w for the bass channel and 150w for the tweeter per side. I have the amps already just arrived. The drivers, still choosing

What do you think about the DJ-202 and Serato? Would it make for an ok setup, I still feel like the kid from the 90s :)
I use a Pioneer DDJ-SR2 for years now. Pioneer is road tested and that gives all i need. No experience with the roland i have to say so i don't know. Serato is great software i think, better than others i know.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Do you delve into the creative side too? Not many on here seem to. Thanks for the suggestion. I think that may already be included in Serato DJ as they use Izotope FX and things, but will see. Lol, plenty of spare pads to set it up on :) . I do have Roland's hardware scatter and slicer on the MX-1 mixer and Slicer on the DJ-202

Scratching for the slice effect back in high school studio in 1992 with the stopper, the new gear almost seems like cheating

Yes, kind of... I still have my toys ( i was in charge of electronic and bass in industrial music band so samplers, synths, effects, bass, amps, stomp...) and use them sparingly for the last ten years ( moved location, started a business, had two kids, bought an house needing renovation, been involved in some recording/mixing/mastering ,...). But at some points in the past i was either working in studio, performing as a dj, performing live acts, part of a sound system ( techno/drum & bass), my flat was a control room with a bed, kitchen and shower as optional feature... music all day 7/365. :)
Long gone though...

I had a small non serious project where we do x-over of electronic dub, metal, d&b, electro... Covid related issues had put it on sleep and we lost our drumer some month ago as he expatriated.
And as we all have small kids ( a bunch of 'in their 40's late teenagers' we are :) ) we can't get any serious about it. The project is mainly an excuse to spend time together and have good time, but i still practice a bit though.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You manifest exactly the reason I abandoned my union. Yes you are right in one way but typify the reason I abandoned the UK for France. It is not a perfect country but here the people are not frightened to take to the streets - real liberty is not about politics - it is a state of mind.

Black Stuart, with all respect: totally unfair to Charles Darwin lmo.
And i highly doubt we are more free in here than anywhere in EU ( geographical, such a loss to not have UK as part of it anymore).
To tell you a pov i have : we French are fascinated by UK. We are historically 'frères ennemis' but tbh, every French i know love to be in UK: social pressure on things like wear and appearence in general are so lessened than in our country. And culturaly you always been ahead... except maybe on food.
Marmite will always be a 'point de friction'. :)

• Thank You
I'm not even British, I'm German and just got 'stuck' here due to marriage.
I could give you a major essay of what is wrong with the UK (or France or Germany) and why but politics is not allowed on this forum which was my sole point earlier.

That said I think it is open season regarding the politics of Marmite and that stuff is disgusting which of course says nothing about Vegemite!

(Consciously brown-nosing to our antipodean overlord Jason on that...only kidding Vegemite sucks too ;) )

Yes, kind of... I still have my toys ( i was in charge of electronic and bass in industrial music band so samplers, synths, effects, bass, amps, stomp...) and use them sparingly for the last ten years ( moved location, started a business, had two kids, bought an house needing renovation, been involved in some recording/mixing/mastering ,...). But at some points in the past i was either working in studio, performing as a dj, performing live acts, part of a sound system ( techno/drum & bass), my flat was a control room with a bed, kitchen and shower as optional feature... music all day 7/365. :)
Long gone though...

I had a small non serious project where we do x-over of electronic dub, metal, d&b, electro... Covid related issues had put it on sleep and we lost our drumer some month ago as he expatriated.
And as we all have small kids ( a bunch of 'in their 40's late teenagers' we are :) ) we can't get any serious about it. The project is mainly an excuse to spend time together and have good time, but i still practice a bit though.
Good to hear man, love the history

my flat was a control room with a bed, kitchen and shower as optional feature... music all day 7/365.
Long gone though...
My living space as a teenager was similar, but I got married first time around at 20 and went clean face and corporate after that until I rebelled and went free 15yrs later. Lol was back being married but to the right gyal this time around after a short year of being single and yes formally building this place into a control room!!

And as we all have small kids ( a bunch of 'in their 40's late teenagers' we are )

That places me right in your club. I am 47, my firstborn is 9, and we are 4 months pregnant with our second. It's really good to hear that you guys still find time to jam. Pertaining to the other politiks conversation, I live in a costal regional QLD town. This is rock and metal country and chances of likely minded local people to jam with are slim. I would love to involve the small coolie community here into our music though, mostly coolies from Fiji and Sri Lanka here and Fiji has strong local reggae history

I'm not even British, I'm German and just got 'stuck' here due to marriage.
I could give you a major essay of what is wrong with the UK (or France or Germany) and why but politics is not allowed on this forum which was my sole point earlier.

That said I think it is open season regarding the politics of Marmite and that stuff is disgusting which of course says nothing about Vegemite!

(Consciously brown-nosing to our antipodean overlord Jason on that...only kidding Vegemite sucks too ;) )
Welcome to xxxx country, I live in Didyoubringabeeralong

Having tried Australian beer when I was there visiting my sister you certainly would want a German to bring some along! :)
That said when I want really good beer I go to the Czech Republic. They also drink twice as much beer per capita compared to Australia and have 600 breweries Australia has 42 and Germany just over 1500. Germany has 8x the population of Czechia so they still have us easily beat on a per capita basis.

That post had nothing to do with anything except forum rules.

No idea where you got that UK v France thing from.
Very simple - the English will stand for anything, the French won't, same goes for the Dutch. Raising the pension age is fine if your a paper pusher/desk jockey sitting in an air conditioned office environment but for those who do hard physical jobs it's something else to work out in the freezing cold of winter or the sweltering heat of summer in your late 60s'. Same goes for zero hours contracts unheard of on the mainland, that's got nothing to do with politics, it's all about self respect and not letting scumbags treat you like a frightened peasant.

Having tried Australian beer when I was there visiting my sister you certainly would want a German to bring some along! :)
That said when I want really good beer I go to the Czech Republic. They also drink twice as much beer per capita compared to Australia and have 600 breweries Australia has 42 and Germany just over 1500. Germany has 8x the population of Czechia so they still have us easily beat on a per capita basis.
If you like beer you need to come to Belgium, we got 400 official brewery's, and probally 10x or more hobby brewers who also bring small batches of beer on the market. And those 400 breweries have more than 2000 different beers on the market all the time, and often batches of special beer for special occasionas also. And that for a country of 11 million inhabitants. We also got a lot of different type of beers, going from heavy dark trappist beer (like Westvleteren 12) to pilser beers that are worldfamous like Stella Artois and Jupiler (both brewed by Inbev, the Belgian beer multinational).

As this is a reggae music post, i could not mention this. One of the legends of Reggae, Jah Shaka, the Zulu Warrior has died this morning. He is running soundsystem since 1968, and is sole responsible for the UK Dubstyle that emerged in the 1980's and now is worldwide a big underground scene. How old he is is unknown to the public, just as his real name (he liked to keep mysteries), but he surely was arround 80 years old or older, and was still very active running his own soundsystem (a vintage tube amp driven stack) and touring the world. His importance for UK Roots reggae, and the roots soundsystem revivals since the late 1980's (inclusive the UK Dub scene) can't be understated and he is a legend in the league of Bob Marley, Lee Perry, Coxonne Dodd and King Tubby. He was an huge inspiration for all soundboy (reggae dj's) who love roots reggae and dub.

1681320939100.png

1681320619886.png

1681320670984.png

https://mixmag.net/read/dub-reggae-icon-jah-shaka-died-soundsystem-roots-news/

Reactions: 1 users
And last, a original Jah Shaka Dubplate that he cut himself at Channel One with multitracks from the Revolutionaires that hit so hard in the scene that he had to ask to the band to release it. And it and it instantly became a classic and a blueprint for UK dub. The dubplate was made in 1976 and used in a soundclash against Lloyd Coxonne and Fatman International in Club Noreik in London. And the clash was over after this tune and a few remixes of it as Coxonne and Fatman (both top champion sounds at that time) could not match this. This tune is also remixed a few thousand times i think, certainly in dub, jungle, dnb and dubstep.

If you like beer you need to come to Belgium, we got 400 official brewery's, and probally 10x or more hobby brewers who also bring small batches of beer on the market. And those 400 breweries have more than 2000 different beers on the market all the time, and often batches of special beer for special occasionas also. And that for a country of 11 million inhabitants. We also got a lot of different type of beers, going from heavy dark trappist beer (like Westvleteren 12) to pilser beers that are worldfamous like Stella Artois and Jupiler (both brewed by Inbev, the Belgian beer multinational).
the real Stella Artois and Jupiler are excellent blonde beers, when they are made in other countries they simply aren't the same. I don't like the Trappist beers far too strong and far too sweet but the fruit flavoured beers are very good indeed. If you are into coffee then visit any Belgian cafe, they really know how to make good coffee and served with a biscuit specially made to eat/dunk in coffee. If you want p/water and get screwed on the price visit Starbucks or Costa Coffee. Indeed Belgium is a country where you can not only drink well but eat well too, this true with either the Flems or Walloons.