Remember 'ceramic' resistors? Why no love?

Well it appears to be called a Delmonico
Delmonico is the importer and cabinet manufacture. That schematic is clearly wrong, very clearly, as has a EL84, as I said, the only audio valves are a pair of ECL86s. Believe me, I have spent countless amount of time looking for it. I be more then thrilled if someone found it, be a huge help (one, the 180KΩ resistor is reading 2Ω with either meter).

Last edited:
Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The vintage consoles and vintage Hammond organs are full of them and contribute to the sound
And if I was repairing a vintage Hammond organ or console I'd use the same resistor types as originally used if possible. But I would never design a new circuit to use them. Then again, I design precision circuits and not effects boxes. Each to their own.

Tom

Reactions: 1 user
And if I was repairing a vintage Hammond organ or console I'd use the same resistor types as originally used if possible. But I would never design a new circuit to use them. Then again, I design precision circuits and not effects boxes. Each to their own.

Tom
Tom, good to know. By the way, after this thread was hijacked, figured the Körting should have a build thread, so last few hours been working on it, trying to make it brief and understandable.

Can you look a PCB board's traces or even just the components and see the schematic, without tracing?

Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Can you look a PCB board's traces or even just the components and see the schematic, without tracing?
No. I usually can't unless I have some knowledge of the circuit going in. Similarly, I wouldn't expect a chemist to be able to accurately describe the chemical composition of Soup of the Day just by looking at it. The main ingredient is sodium...

I'm curious what brings up the question.

Tom

Reactions: 1 user
Tom, well, seems there are more varieties of soup than power amplifier designs. Does it really matter the quality of wheat was used for the bead mostly used to hold the soup, versus say the quality of peas in split pea soup? Makes me hungry for some split pea soup...

Gorgon, thank you for the assistance. Trouble is, that only has part of the receiver section and then the incorrect valves, only similar is the ECC85 and ECH81 , Körting here has a EBF89 rather than EF89.

I do have a schematic which seems has these valves, though the circuit board number is different, have yet to compare to components.