RIP: Ken Lewis (klewis)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is with great sadness that I advise of the passing of Ken Lewis, known here at diyAudio as klewis.

Ken was an architect (President of AV Martin in Los Angeles) who had a multitude of talents and interests. He had a considerable interest and ability in audio, and audio electronics, and was a frequent poster on diyAudio until he became sick about 2 years ago.

Ken and I have over the last 5 years cooperated on a number of audio projects. In particular we did a large amount of work on some new ways of implementing `Non Switching Class A/B' type output stages. The result was that we could get them to work as well as a good Class A/B, but no better.

Here are some links to his life:

Kenneth R. Lewis Obituary: View Kenneth Lewis's Obituary by Los Angeles Times

A Special Message from Christopher C. Martin, Chairman of AC Martin Partners | AC Martin

Ken Lewis Memorial Scholarship in Drylands Design Created | Arid Lands Institute

Ken was 58, and died much too soon. I shall miss him.

Regards,
Paul Bysouth

I enjoyed some exchanges with Ken after his diagnosis and was struck by his optimistic yet realistic attitude. He was an overachiever in so many ways yet didn't complain when he was told at 56 of his mortal disease. Around the same time I went through a horrific aorta rupture, yet survived, and Ken was very upbeat and interested about my recovery, even with his issues. He was extremely clever and loved to learn, even into his last months.

Only the good die young.......

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.