• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RTR SSR Headphone Amplifier DC Protection Modules GB

02FEE3DE-B2D1-453F-9395-3ED651F7C93E.jpeg

My apologies for the poor photography. As a “practice” board prior to building multiple BTSB boards, I did this board via hot air. Not too awful I think.

The picture also shows you perspective on how small the boards really are with 0603 and SOT parts.

Best,
Anand.

Question: Have you thought of using a photorelay instead of the optocoupler driving mosfets. Ofc the on resistance is higher but i don't see any other significant downsides(or it can be my lack of knowledge).
Example SSR: TLP3106A, G3VM-31HR1 or Bright Toward AA42
Nice work.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Interesting idea about photo relays. Basically they combine the optoisolated gate driver and dual MOSFETs into a single package. Pricing seems comparable at $5ea vs gate driver and two MOSFETs. However, the ON resistance is of order 1ohm vs tens of milliOhms with the low RDson MOSFETs that we can select.

I’ll keep this part in mind though - nice to know it exists when mOhm resistance is. It needed.

Reactions: 1 user