Running EV SX300 Cabs on 600W

Hi guys.

Someone recently gave me a Cerwin Vega CV-2800 Amp. Thing is a beast and I wanted to make sure it was working properly so hooked up my SX300 which is a 300W 8Ohm Speaker with 600W Program and 1200w peak apparently.

The cerwin runs at around 600w Per channel I think I read somewhere at 8 Ohms. Know it is pushing it a bit but wondering how stable I'm sitting if I just wing it and use it as the usual driver. If it is going a bit too far anyone have any idea of some fairly cheap second hand cabs that would go with it, even if I need bass bins to actually get some proper use out of this amp? I've tried looking for Peavey cabs but they actually seem pretty low rating. I was gonna go for Pro-15s and Pro Subs on each channel but I don't even think they'll be supported.

Thanks for the help in advance.

As long as you do not run it into clipping, or heavily compress your program material, a 600W amp for a 600W program rated speaker is perfect.
If you do add a sub, you're best to use an active crossover and a second amp to power it.
This does a better job of reducing the amount of low frequencies your SX300's have to handle than relying on any passive arrangement that might be available with certain (usually low cost and thus lower quality) subs.

Cheers David. That's a relief. To be fair the cab kicks anyway and I've never had even the old amp clip. It's good to know. I must admit I'm new to PA speakers but I've become completely obsessed. I wasn't even familiar with crossovers but I'll be sure to get one for my next system.