Short but Memorable Guitar Solos

The solo at the middle of the Yonder Stands the Sinner piece from Times Fades Away (1973) by Neil Young.

I’m/I was a big fan of Neil and I think I've his full discography on vinyl, but I’ve only listened to WAV files for many years.
This album is among my favorites, if not my favorite, but Neil didn’t want to release its digital version.
Finally he did it in 2016, and until then - although I’m a purist - I was listening to FLAC files from an anonymous amateur found on the Internet after exhausting and insistent searches.
They sounded quite good, I didn't know at all the real source (not vinyl), but I was content with their quality just to listen to the album...

The 35 seconds intro solos from A Love Supreme by Carlos Santana and Mahavishnu John McLaughlin - Love Devotion Surrender (1973).

cover.png

OMG, that is going back, isn't it?
Speaking of solos, how about a solo album from a group expected to make several. Push the clock forward a few clicks to another group featuring Steve Winwood, Blind Faith. They were supposed to be the next supergroup but fizzled out after a few months and one album. A controversial album cover delayed release of the album in the US, where it was eventually released with a bland vanilla cover. Tension within the group and with their management led to a short less than super group. Excellent album though.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I do not know what is short but I often think ot those solos staying pop-rock topic, I must be old, so I try to avoid the not too much sort like Hendrix, Mc Laughling and so on. So not very original but among my fav :

Why my guitar gently sweeps (the author one and Prince live one for the fun) : short enough
All of you (Don Felder)
Starway to heaven
Don't leave me now (Supertramp)
Teenage wildlife (Fripp again)
Dirt (from my all time fav album Funny House, am I not Iggy?! - ex aequo with Pet Sounds)
When I touch you (Spirit)
I need you tonigth (ZZ Top)
The very short solo acoustic guitar in Wish you were here.

Last edited:
Since I've Been Loving You my second favourite Led Zep track and it has some lovely, understated, guitar work all the way through.

I could do an entire Desert Island Discs just on Led Zep tracks.
Probably my all time favourite Page solo is the one in How Many More Times when the loping riff stops and Page does all these amazing runs and fills whilst Bonzo is working his magic behind him. But then Led Zep 1 is beyond question the greatest album ever by anybody. And why the hell are there no Zeppelin albums included in the Atlantic 75 releases ??