Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

what about this board?has anyone bought it? any reviews? any mods?how does it sound compared with the others?

Attachments

• 860029482_max.jpg
    860029482_max.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 182
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: 1 user
Depends on the power level you want and the sub you are driving. For the price, you can drive around 100w from one channel into 8 ohms and leave the other channel for a spare. Not loud enough? Add another sub to channel two for another 6db. Or go with a dual voice coil sub, use one channel per coil for another 3db.

If you use 4 ohm coils instead of 8 ohm, you use lower power supply voltage and more current. My go to rig is these two boards (pic attached). Shui yuan amp board with the gold coupling caps and an alizon 36V5A AC/DC SMPS. Works like a champ and no crazy fans or anything extra required. Deal with volume/tone/mute etcetera in the separate preamp/head unit. View attachment 1193688
Hi jeff5may,
I've been looking exactly for these components you show in the photo, the TPA3255-based amp using Shui Yuan and this power source, do you think they are of good quality or it's better to buy the newest models and a litle more expensive and allready assembled amplifiers from Fosi Audio or Aiyma?

I have a question. I am adding a Tube preamp to my build its a class A tube preamp running 5725 tubes. ripped it out of aFX Audio Tube 02 pro. All discrete no opamps etc. Do I need to cosider any additional shielding? I ran signal wires underneath and solderedthe under the board and kepts the installed jacks should I change my mind. It runs poff 12v dc. I am going to use a linear regulator and drop voltage to 12 from 48 or I may just install a dc barell jack and power it seperately. I have a 300 watt Meanwell EPP 300-48 cageless installed, the TPA3255 board is a Dual chip board essentially Dual mono with shared supply. Heres pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 28

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    115.5 KB · Views: 12