Soldering Saftey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
{QUOTE]I try to hold my breath when all the smoke comes up.. dont know if it helps though.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help much if you are in small room :whazzat: I was doing the same as you.

For last 2 years I'm doing just urgent soldering about 5 to 10 times a year (connectors, repairing, i made also a small amplifier). Before soldering I open the window widely, turn on the soldering machine (I don't remember what's the english name), leave the room until the machine is heating up, before I go to the room I take some deep breathes and then I go inside and solder as fast as I can and I try to breathe as little as poosible. When I do what I want I turn the machine off, leave the room and after one hour I go back to this room if I have anything else to do. In middle time I clean the PCB and check the connections. In other room of course.

Before that I was for hours in same room soldering, searchin parts,.... Some times after soldering I had headaches and I was feeling like I was ill :dead:

Today I've gone to the doctor but I found out it was closed becouse they are moving to another building :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.