Speaker Camp 2022 - Northern California

If you’re interested, - you gotta go! I built these more than 10 years ago and listen to them every day. It took me awhile to figure out the crossover configuration, it was a real learning experience that I learned also to enjoy, trial and error with an ever growing pile of caps and coils and then dialing in the biamp 6-24 crossover. I still play the the balance, tuning them and learning to listen. Do all this with a group of like minded people including a few masters is great opportunity. Oh, and they are really great sounding too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    903.9 KB · Views: 233
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not to mention that hanging out in the Northern California wine countryside can be very pleasant. For those traveling to the event I recommend a wine expedition in addition to the Camp. There are lots of small hotels and lots of winery tasting rooms, restaurants, and much lovely scenery in the area. Enough that you can bring your significant other, who will enjoy it so much they won’t complain that you spent a day building speakers. Do some research online..

Honestly, hanging out at Dana’s lovely land, house and porch for that day while watching others work on speakers would be very relaxing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We’ll see what Tom says, as he figured it all out for Burning Amp. Takes time and a bit of money
At a minimum, I can upload photos to this thread, which I think would give a very good idea of the setting and event. I’m “retired” and living in Costa Rica, but will be on site helping for Speaker Camp. Can’t stay away!

Mark

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The crossover is similar looking to the one posted above, a stuffed pcb with connectors and stand-offs, but it is a bit simpler, more dedicated to this project. It raises the question about assembly preferences - I can supply it stuffed and tested, or as a kit.

:snail: