• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Taylor zero bias triodes

Wanted to buy
I have NOS T40 and T55 but haven't given much thought to selling. The new VAT rules make the sale of goods new or second hand between private sellers who live in different countries unappealing. I know that any second hand goods coming inbound to the UK will have VAT reapplied and I gather they're now doing the same on continental Europe between individual EU countries.

I gather they're now doing the same on continental Europe between individual EU countries.
You gathered wrong.
Between EU-countries you pay the VAT of that particular country, or they skip their VAT and charges the one applying for
your country. No extra VAT or customs when delivered.
It only applies, when you receive a package (goods), sent from a country outside EU.
In this regard, you Brits really "screwed up" by leaving EU ;)

The VAT rules in both the UK and EU changed from 1 July 2021. I couldn't find any exceptions for VAT on second hand goods, except where the VAT margin scheme is applied which appears to be for antiques. The lack of a general exemption for second hand goods (or sales between private individuals who can't reclaim VAT) means that VAT ends up being paid by both parties. With the change in rules came a big clamp down here in the UK. Perhaps they haven't clamped down so much on the mainland, but I would expect anything I send there, to arrive with a VAT bill for the recipient to pay.

This isn't such an issue for businesses who can reclaim the VAT.
It only applies, when you receive a package (goods), sent from a country outside EU.
It looks like the EU's "Import One Stop Shop" allows businesses outside the EU to prepay the VAT so the consumers doesn't have to pay it directly.

From 1 July 2021 Ebay started adding VAT to second hand goods coming into the UK and I think thats true between EU member states as well.

I´ve never payed anything extra for stuff from Germany, Italy or other EU countries but as soon as I buy anything from UK or other non-EU countries the mess begins with extra fees and delays. I'm currently waiting for a few different Taylor tubes to arrive from UK, Usa and Canada and I can only hope they'll arrive safely.

It looks like the EU's "Import One Stop Shop" allows businesses outside the EU to prepay the VAT so the consumers doesn't have to pay it directly.

From 1 July 2021 Ebay started adding VAT to second hand goods coming into the UK and I think thats true between EU member states as well.
Also correct, but this was not, what you first wrote.
You tried to suggest, that extra vat/customs tax was on the way/added on parcels between EU-countries.
You wrote: "I gather they're now doing the same on continental Europe between individual EU countries."
Nothing could be further from the truth!!! ;)

Correction.......
You wrote: "and I think thats true between EU member states as well."
It is NOT.
Second hand goods from outside EU into an EU country.......... YES.
Second hand goods from one EU country to another....... NO.
As long as we are talking about our hobby, electronics and stuff. Bigger items like machinery, cars, boats etc. is a different story.

Last edited: