TDA1541/TDA1387 DIY Dac, some questions

Hello

i saw the protodac some time ago and was wondering if i could diy myself one.. but i have a few questions...

sorry for the noob questions... fairly new stuff for me

thanks in advance, cheers

Yes, it is possible to use two modules for balanced output. By inverting I2S DATA to one of the modules (for example, using a 74ACT86). Doing bit inversion in this way does not perform perfect phase inversion of the bytes. Transformers are really the only practical way to do this. Getting single ended and differential at the same time? Why? Single ended active I/V could be used, but there will be a DC offset at the output.

Yes, it is possible to use two modules for balanced output. By inverting I2S DATA to one of the modules (for example, using a 74ACT86). Doing bit inversion in this way does not perform perfect phase inversion of the bytes.
hmm

Transformers are really the only practical way to do this.
would i just hook them up after the i/v stage of the protodac without modifiying it?

Getting single ended and differential at the same time?
just so i have 2 pairs of outputs on the back, XLR to amplifier and chinch to headphone amplifier for example

Single ended active I/V could be used, but there will be a DC offset at the output.
can i maybe use the passive I/V stage as chinch output and just the transformer for balanced xlr?