The Jean Hiraga Nemesis Quadrige

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks for the explanation, Jan.

The Nemesis Quadrige can be put on standby mode by switching off the front end power.
The power MOSFETs will be switched off with 0V Vgs.
So it IS for me interesting to know what the SMPS is doing.

Cheers,
Patrick
The data sheet for the chip gives some info on burst and pulse skipping modes.
I haven't studied it but I've seen such behaviour before.
Not sure it is the case here but probably worthwhile to take a look at it.

Jan

Reactions: 1 user
We made 5 pieces of V2 PCB.
Someone else asked for boards before.
So he'll get a pair for Beta test.
But then it seems he is not planning to build soon.

So if someone else is seriously interested and make a promise to build in the next month's, we'll order extra boards to support them.

You can send me a PM.
But only if you are serious about building.

Patrick

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
Some years ago, I built a different version of the NEMESIS amp. It's a 14W class A amp inspired by the "NEMESIS COMPENSE" version. Instead of using N channel MOSFETs, I use N and P MOSFETs (2SK135 / 2SJ50) in a single ended arrangement (no phase splitter or differential stage) with a split primaries push-pull output transformer and bipolar PSU. The transformer is much easier to built and far cheaper (no air gap nor saturation), bandwidth is extended at both ends, ripple is nulled (no need for a regulated PSU). The MOSFETS are triode connected (see my article in "LA REVUE DU SON - 240". The amp is very simple, it uses 4 transistors per channel and is fully DC coupled up to the output trans. Additionally, the bias is optically DC servo assisted.
I think that if bipolar tubes had existed, this sort of circuit would have been in use long ago.
For those interested in the NEMESIS family and don't mind poor English ...

Attachments

• NEMESIS PP.jpg
    NEMESIS PP.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 62
  • NEMESIS PP 2.jpg
    NEMESIS PP 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 62