Resolved - Implemented "Threads", "User Posts", "Commercial" naming and default display order

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I mentioned this at the tail end of another thread but I think the issue for that thread had already been resolved and the thread not revisited by admins.

Coming to the site you get the list of posts. Often the one at top of the list is something like 20 to 40 minutes old. Click on "New Posts" at upper left and you get new posts. Click on the "diyAudio" link logo at top left and you go back to the earlier list with most recent post being the 20 to 40 minute old post. Is this way of working intended?

Also while here , would like to ask for option to have more per page as on the old site.

Thanks

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Nope. I'm using Firefox 95.0.02

Attachments

• Arrive at 10.03.14 AM.png
    Arrive at 10.03.14 AM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 76
  • New Threads at 10.03.42 AM.png
    New Threads at 10.03.42 AM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Logo click at 10.03.59 AM.png
    Logo click at 10.03.59 AM.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 72
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Sorry Mr. P , I was hoping to catch you while you were still around, while eating a sandwich and putting my coat on to leave, and posted in a Hrry.

That Firefox is running in OSX.

Not really a strong complaint . It just seems like an unusual way of doing things and I wondered if it's intentional. It's a little less than straightforward though. IMHO , that is . `,;^)

Last edited:
Joined 2013
Paid Member
You seem to be on the "User Posts" section -- You want to be on the "Threads" section to see the latest posts. Perhaps you have bookmarked the wrong URL?

More per page is a known limitation of the current forum software as has been mentioned in previous posts on the subject. They are looking into increasing this.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Ahaaah ! You're right, I was using the FIrefox Pocket bookmark. Saved a kalpa ago. However, deleting browser history , cookies and the bookmark and entering the simple "https://www.diyaudio.com" I come to "https://www.diyaudio.com/community/" . So it's the default entry page.

Alright, so the answer is simply bookmark the Threads page. Got it. Thanks .

Thanks also for the info on the per page limitation. The admins have their hands full , I know. . . . Easy to wait now that you've posted. Thanks.

Last edited:
Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I believe the issue you might be experiencing is that you are viewing "User Posts", but in your filters you are not sorting by "most recent post, descending".

However when you go to "Threads" the filters don't work at all (at least for me).

Flagging this issue to be fixed, and renaming this thread.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Yesterday, after reading Jason's post , I went to "New Posts" , copied the URL and put it into the Pocket bookmark. Then when I tried it I came back to the same list that was there when I copied the URL. Interesting. So I went back to the one saved in Pocket and deleted the number at the end. Then using that I got a very fresh current page. So that's what I figured I'd use.

Just now though, reading your post, I came in with a typed diyAudio.com and got a page with "<1m" on a few of the posts at the top, so perhaps a cookie changed? I have no idea. But I"m happy with the bookmark I've got.

If it's any help to you guys , I'm happy to try other stuff . I'm code illiterate so can be used as a model for a know nothing user.

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I think we're just going to remove these 3 options. They add clutter, especially on mobile, and aren't particularly useful. You can use the filter if you really want to see a particular category, and we'll soon be making the top level marketplace forums show ALL the posts from sub-forums so there is a single easy place to see all commercial stuff.