What is the best way to use a Fujinon Projector Lens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the fuji version. It is extremly well focused every detail and uber bright. I ran that compaired to my ohp lenses. LOL no compairison. The triplets and (up to 16 lens combo for tv) of these are incompairable. THe real tv lens is super clear and easily 10x brighter. I used a MH bulb though and a similar to ohp setup. The LOA bulb is what causes blurry pic cause the light is too diffused and too white. Its causes whites on screen to be too intense and color fade elsewhere. The lens rocks. The draw back is the 5" panel at 6' throw is like 5' diagnal. But still bright. I got mine about 8' I think total possible size. Im missing just the very edges of panel which can be left go or resized by pc. Its a 5" panel. I loose about 1/8" of it tops.:cool:

I don't know about the best way to use this lens, but the way I am using it is quite similar to the first sight you left a link to. One item of consideration for this lens is that the lcd practically has to be mounted right on top of it, which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, I picked up the same exact lens from http://www.surplusshed.com for $20 including shipping. You can also buy 6 of them for $75, which is what I suspect the guy who is selling them for $29 apeice did.

Good luck with your project. If anyone else is using this lens, I'd love to hear how it's going. Mine's a work in progress, but it's almost "done" :)

I have a Delta IV lens and first thought it would not work with a
15" LCD , seeing that the lens must almost touch the LCD.
:bawling:
But when I stripped the lens ( not easy) and started playing around with the lenses I found that I can project a picture as big or as small as I want it to be. Inside the lens is 6 lenses and there are dozens of combinations to arrange them . You can turn some of them around and get totally different results . I ended up only using 4 of the 6 lenses . I even have a limited zoom capability .

All of my experiments were done using a transparency and not a LCD , but I am now ready to build my enclosure .

I agree with Altec that these lenses are much brigther than an OHP . Is it because of the large optics ?
The big advantage is that you will be able to build a projector that you can mount behind you and not have this big thing in front of you.
:)

corwes,

Can you give a rough idea of how you stripped / rearranged the lenses? I'm just getting started on shopping for parts, after haveing lurked / read these forums for the past few weeks. I'm interested in how you are adjusting them to acheive various display sizes.

Cheers,

Greg

To strip the lens you need to unscrew the rings round the perimeter of each lens . I had to make a special tool to get inside .
They were very tight ( I do not even tighten my wheel nuts this tight ) I had to pry lens #1 out and did damage the sides , fortuanately I didn't need the lens.

Lens 6 is mounted on a tube that slides over the whole assembly.
By moving it further away from the asembly you get a smaller picture up to a point then you start losing parts of the picture.
You can extend the tube about 1.5 times the lenght of the whole assembly. By adjusting the distances between the lenses inside
you also get differant results.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• lens.gif
    lens.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 956
Fuji I tore apart. lenses focal not exact just what I remember off hand. Any idea on how to get about 50" from 5" panel at say 10' throw? hehe I dont think Ill do it-without proper neg. lense. Thats 10x mag total and 10x over 10' at that. LOL- BUT its possible I guess eh>?:cannotbe:

Attachments

• fuji  lens.png
    fuji lens.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 241
I know that this thread is long dead, but its exactly what im looking for so, can Corwes help me out here? When i take apart my Delta IV, the first half (the one that gets mounted onto the screen) only has element 1, and the foucusing half has elements 5 and 6. Unless 4 elements are packed very tightly into one so it looks just like the first element, im missing something here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.