Windows 7 Power supply/pSPICE simulator

This may be useful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_electronics_circuit_simulators
If you don't want to use Win10/11/12, I suggest you run Linux. I recommend Ubuntu. You can put a copy on a thumb drive, but I recommend an SSD with enough space to dual boot. The SSD will be noticeably faster than your old mechanical drive and a 500G SSD is only about $35. You also need a USB-SATA adapter ~$10. Cloning your old system can be problematic and you should make a system repair CD using the windows backup. I have used the "windows repair disk to fix booting problems with disk clones several times. The repair disk has to match the 32/64, win7/10 system. Linux clones (clonezilla, gparted ) rarely successfully make bootable windows. Note than the latest versions of Ubuntu are too large for a 4.7G DVD, but it's just as well because booting from a DVD thrashes the DVD drive so using a thumb drive is a way better idea. You may have to get into your BIOS to boot from USB. You need a thumb drive ISO writing program. This is a great use for your old 8G-32G thumb drives. You ~can't buy <16G drives any more.

But cheaper win11 computers today are as fast or faster than your old win7 machine. So, I recommend spending less than $500 on a new machine. New top line machines are crazy fast but only gamers care. Check the passmark scores.

The latest version of Analog Devices LTspice runs on Windows 7, contrary to what the website states.
If you go further down the list they also have the no longer supported version to download of LTspice XVII available for Windows 7.
Here are some IRF mosfet models including the IRF610.

Attachments

• irfmosfets.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 37