• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I have good news. We can do the XSD flatpacks for $600 a pair. This is with 3/4in birch faced Tru-Ply and 3/4in MDF on the woofer array box as shown above. The flatpack will be packed in foam, cardboard corner protectors, and a large box with straps so will arrive in great shape.

Shipping only in USA. Typical cost from Texas to Virginia was about $115 via UPS.
Sign me up!

Russellc

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Gluing the baffle and base now.

Is there anymore interest in a GB for this flatpack? Birch faced poplar plywood. Cosmetically perfect birch veneer. $600 a set precision CNC cut and nicely packed for secure shipment.

IMG_5676.jpeg

IMG_5678.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I will get one with or without dowels. Most "box" speakers require just as much if not more clamping. This one really isn't bad at all. Bass part is only trick. The dowels should simplify this part. I will be happy to do a beta buy!!!

Russellc

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I was thinking the same thing originally. But then thought that the longer pieces might be tricky to push through if a tight interference fit for better alignment. The short ones are fluted and meant to tapped in with a hammer. They might actually provide a stiffer and straighter alignment than a long one with clearance.

I am no wood worker so happy to take suggestions from experienced woodworkers who have done something similar.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have made the request for the CAD model to include holes for standard M6 x 30mm long fluted wooden dowel pins.

3 for the woofer box stack (thru hole for all 5 sheets)

6 for the baffle to woofer box (blind)

4 for the base to woofer box (blind)

These are the typical dowels we can use:
https://a.co/d/j8xXpAg

View attachment 1189767
Its an Ikea idea!