• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

@lutkeveld

The configtool with the delay issue patched will be released end of this month.
TWS is still pending, but at the moment all developers that are capable of enabling it are quite expensive.

Normally this high gain is not needed, but if your source material is of decent quality it should be no problem.
Is the delay patch going to be released any time soon? Few weeks have turned to half a year...

Yeah I'm frustrated too. One of my boards has permanently stopped outputting from one channel pair, I'm hoping it's a firmware glitch because I've had the same problem before intermittently while enabling/disabling and switching between standard/parallel output with the config tool during testing. Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having these issues...

@yairf
Point 6 is now incorporated in the last firmware version.
With command 'default_on enable' you can set the default state after power-on.
Hey just wanted to report that my AIO4CH accepts now the DEFAULT_ON command after fw update to v. 2.2.1. But it doesn't turn on the amp when I turn on the power, still have to push the encoder button.
Moreover v 2.2 of the config tool can't read files from my NAS (every other program can including v 1.14 of the config tool.)
Also v.2.2 of the config tool can't visualize EQ settings or dynamic EQ settings, but v 1.1.4 can. So I guess v 2.2 can't program AIO4CH properly concerning dynamic EQ or EQ button?
This is just a lot of tinkering here :D Can't you release a tool that does it all and isn't a step back from 1.1.4? Or at least say how to program the settings for AIO4CH and AIO438 in detailed steps? For example one config tool said it can't update firmware, so I first had to update that tool...very complicated.
Edit: Now the EQ button doesn't work anymore, great. I mean the green/red led changes, but the sound doesn't :D

default_on AIO4CH.PNG

Last edited:
Yeah I'm frustrated too. One of my boards has permanently stopped outputting from one channel pair, I'm hoping it's a firmware glitch because I've had the same problem before intermittently while enabling/disabling and switching between standard/parallel output with the config tool during testing. Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having these issues...
That seems odd, never had this issue!

Also v.2.2 of the config tool can't visualize EQ settings or dynamic EQ settings, but v 1.1.4 can. So I guess v 2.2 can't program AIO4CH properly concerning dynamic EQ or EQ button?
I have to correct that statement, it can visualize the general frequency graphs but not the EQ button, DEQ works too (in visualization). But I found a way worse bug: My saved setup which I imported changed even if the settings stayed the same. My left channel input outputs to both tweeters and right channel input outputs to both woofers.
Here is how it looks like in V. 1.1.4
V 1.1.4.PNG

and here it is in V 2.2
V 2.2.PNG

Moreover: Before I could turn on my step-up converter and instantly turn on the amp via push-button. Now I have to wait 2 secs (DEFAULT_ON ENABLE does the opposite?)
And when a device is connected via BT, it now doesn't start playing right away. You need to play music, then pause and then play and only then it outputs music. Sometimes, when you pause and play, there is a short noise after you hit play.
Also strange: I heard a chime when I shut it off via encoder button...once. Normally silence during startup and shutdown. Can I revert to a stable firmware?
Config tool v 2.2 bug: does not start sometimes. Using admin mode helps. Also weird and undocumented.
Please fix asap Jesse. Won't buy your amps anymore if you continue to release unfinished amps. It takes too much time for me. I'm not your betatester.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me how to update the firmware on the AIO438?
I have updated the Github page. It's in the dropdown of the upload button (-> upload new firmware).

@lutkeveld

Is the delay patch going to be released any time soon? Few weeks have turned to half a year...
Unfortunately it has proved to be quite difficult without restructuring the whole way DSP is loaded.
The DSP only supports it while keeping input mixers the same for A+B and C+D respectively.
Anyone who has this application and needs the delays can send an email, then I will try to set up a custom firmware file where possible.
Hey just wanted to report that my AIO4CH accepts now the DEFAULT_ON command after fw update to v. 2.2.1. But it doesn't turn on the amp when I turn on the power, still have to push the encoder button.
Moreover v 2.2 of the config tool can't read files from my NAS (every other program can including v 1.14 of the config tool.)
This is just a lot of tinkering here :D Can't you release a tool that does it all and isn't a step back from 1.1.4? Or at least say how to program the settings for AIO4CH and AIO438 in detailed steps? For example one config tool said it can't update firmware, so I first had to update that tool...very complicated.
Edit: Now the EQ button doesn't work anymore, great. I mean the green/red led changes, but the sound doesn't :D

You mean you cannot even find it while browsing or it gives an error while trying to upload. If so: what does it say?
In your screenshot the DSP is not loaded. Is this the state of the amp after a regulor upload using the V2 tool?

Regarding visualization: you have filters loaded, but when pressing the high volume / EQ button checkbox nothing happens?

DEFAULT_ON command should set a variable to 'true' which causes the system to boot instantly. Normally this variable change is triggered by a volume knob press, but now its forced. It should be the same startup behaviour.....

Regarding admin mode: this is known, but not documented indeed.

My apologies for the issues you are having with the product. It has been difficult to keep good cross compatiblity while updating different versions/combinations of both the configtool and the firmware that runs on the amp. The latest version of the configtool (V2.2.0) in combination with the latest version of the firmware (https://github.com/ZOUDIO/AIO438-firmware-releases/releases/tag/v2.2.1)

You mean you cannot even find it while browsing or it gives an error while trying to upload. If so: what does it say?
1688038445050.png

It does not even find the directory on my NAS. Every other program including the old Config Tool can. Old config tool didn't needed to be installed and was fine running from NAS directory and could import from NAS. New tool must be installed on C and used with admin rights. If not started from installed version on C/Programs, also save and store ribbon are missing. New tool should not have be release in that state in my opinion. Did you even test it? Windows even notices that it does not run properly when copied on Desktop for example. Only installed version works IF you use admin rights.
In your screenshot the DSP is not loaded. Is this the state of the amp after a regulor upload using the V2 tool?
It is not even connected. It's only for showing you that visually both tools seem to interpret the saved settings the same but if I upload new settings my whole amp is programmed wrong. Please provide a swift solution to that. You didn't even answer all my questions. Can I undo the fimrware update? Please help debugging, do not answer side questions. My boombox is broken since, do you understand?
Regarding visualization: you have filters loaded, but when pressing the high volume / EQ button checkbox nothing happens?
High volume is visually shown in V 2.2 I cannot test if it works because boombox is broken since firmware update. All kind of issues, see last post. Please help me ASAP.
DEFAULT_ON command should set a variable to 'true' which causes the system to boot instantly. Normally this variable change is triggered by a volume knob press, but now its forced. It should be the same startup behaviour.....
What does that mean for us customers? I thought it means if you give the amp voltage at the input it will be in active mode (without pressing volume encoder button). This clearly isn't the case and was the only reason I was trying the firmware upgrade in the beginning. Now boombox is broken because channels are wired differently as mentioned. Still no fix from you after 2 weeks. I don't have time for alpha testing a product which is sold as final version. Please help!
Regarding admin mode: this is known, but not documented indeed.

My apologies for the issues you are having with the product. It has been difficult to keep good cross compatiblity while updating different versions/combinations of both the configtool and the firmware that runs on the amp. The latest version of the configtool (V2.2.0) in combination with the latest version of the firmware (https://github.com/ZOUDIO/AIO438-firmware-releases/releases/tag/v2.2.1)
Thanks for your understanding, but if you really do, help us with our issues. Or stop selling the product.

Kind regards
Arne

@subkultur If save/store ribbons are missing you might not be on the latest version of the tool.
It is of course tested before releasing, but I had admin rights enabled, so I did not notice.
The tool does not do anything special that actually requires admin rights, but as noted it does not run otherwise.

I am talking about the screenshot in post #726. Here it says 'invalid CRC' which means it could not load the DSP settings. My questions was if this status log was done right after uploading new settings. Firmware updates (even if you want to roll back to a previous version) can be found on the Github posted earlier.

Default_on should provide the behaviour you mention. Please let me know if you still experience these problems with the latest configtool, and using the latest firmware. If so, I will try to help/fix any problem that arises.

Such as a Dell PSU which provides 19.5V and 12.3A.
I think you'd do fine with that. You can bet Dell has a decent power supply engineering team and their PSU designs have to meet spec, for output ripple and noise, transient loading, etc.

If you want to be a little extreme, go for a linear supply like I'm using. Those are harder to find these days, compared to a laptop brick.