• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hakko 929 Temp Controlled Soldering Stations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I have some Hakko 929 soldering stations I accuired at a local companies going out of business auction for sale. I got these cheap, so I'll pass the savings onto you guys. I'll sell them for $60 including shipping in the continental US.

Here's the info on the Hakko, http://www.hakkousa.com/Products/939/939.htm . The 929 is exactly the same as the 939, except the 929 has analog calibration instead of digital calibration. Both still have digital temp displays. Also the wattage one these irons is very high (50w) but they are temp controlled and designed for soldering delicate electronics.

Send me an email at dpipenberg@adelphia.net if you'd like one.

I just received the station today. It is very nice, gets hot almost immediately and is quite powerful (50W). Very good built quality, comes with a card and the temperature can be adjusted from 200F to 900F with 1 deg. accuracy by pressing the appropriate buttons. It seems that display, although made for both C and F, works only in F deg and cannot be changed to Celsius. I like it a lot and consider it a money well spend.

The only complaint I have is packaging. The station came in broken condition (the plastic housing) and I had to glue it back together. It is probably because of freezing temperatures, which make plastic more fragile and prone to breaking. But I fixed it OK and it looks fine.;)

Highly recommended.

Schaef,

From what I have seen, these are classified as "Re-work" stations. Many different tips are readily available for them including several different SOP tips that allow limited soldering of some SMD's. It is not a "Hot air" station.

It fit my bill--I ordered two.

Later,

Another Satisfied Customer

I just received my iron from Damon. I'm very pleased. Well packed and in great shape. This was a great deal and a very smooth transaction. I followed Peter's lead and cloned a key card from an old kinko's copier card.
Thanks Damon. Highly recommended

-Pete Kunz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.