10 inch woofer recommendation for sealed enclosure replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 Energy ES-10 sealed subs. They're integrated well into my space, and I'd rather not change them out, or replace them. Problem is I'm starting to get VC rub, on one, and easily bottoming out the other. I'd like to repair both by replacing the woofers, but am having a hard time finding a suitable replacement.

The factory woofers are 8ohm, and amp is 100w RMS, 400w dynamic. I do have a spare crown xti 2000 so I should be able to handle any load (amp has dsp, so I can boost freqs as well). The enclosures are about 1.7 ft^3, or about 48 liters. Factory specs were 28Hz to 100Hz, although I've never measured to confirm. I would like to get close to if not better than factory performance

I was considering this GRS 10SW-4 10" Poly Cone Subwoofer 4 Ohm!

But no matter how I enter it into bassbox or winisd, even with isobaric, the best f3 I can get was around high 30s low 40s. The pricier woofers at PE model even worst. There were a few goldwood and visaton woofers on PE that modeled better. But had very limited Xmax.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not in the price class of that GRS (which at the price is perobably not great), but the Creative Sounds SDX10 is my favorite (i used in multiples).

Your enclosures are an appropriate size, this woofer likes to be in a sealed box, this would give A Q ~.6 so a good natural rolloff to complement the room gain.

dave

Not in the price class of that GRS (which at the price is perobably not great), but the Creative Sounds SDX10 is my favorite (i used in multiples).

Your enclosures are an appropriate size, this woofer likes to be in a sealed box, this would give A Q ~.6 so a good natural rolloff to complement the room gain.

dave

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I don't have much experience with bassbox. But I just entered the specs of that woofer, and I'm getting a F3 of 44.7Hz. So slightly worse than what I was getting with the GRS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.