• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Thank you for the info Eric. I will order a 1kw class driver tomorrow. I need to start working on the amp solution for this. This is the 1kw of power that I have been pestering you about, :D It's happening now

The driver is rated 750wrms and has 4R+4R dual voice coils. I want some amp headroom. 600w@4R mono x2 sounds very good, but 500w x2 @ 4R will do as well. Please let me know if there are any other options besides the 2x FFA002v2 bridged and adjusted modules. Also, please forward the costs for the adjusted modules. I'll start saving up for them in any case
Thanks, Randy.
PM you for more details.

To complete the images of my 8-ch amp project in the previous post...

Here are pics of the amp in its multiple-layer stain & clearcoat finished wood case -- and in its final place in the audio/tv stand.

PXL_20240602_225142069.jpg

PXL_20240602_231024905.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
That is a sweet setup with those speakers, I looked at building a set but the investment was a little steep without hearing them. In the end I went with XRK
‘s “XSD”version of the open baffle. It used a custom crossover and only one amp. I powered it with a pair of FFA003 mono blocks until I finished my Wolverine amp, I like the bass on the Wolverine amp better.
Bill

That is a sweet setup with those speakers, I looked at building a set but the investment was a little steep without hearing them. In the end I went with XRK
‘s “XSD”version of the open baffle. It used a custom crossover and only one amp. I powered it with a pair of FFA003 mono blocks until I finished my Wolverine amp, I like the bass on the Wolverine amp better.
Bill
Thanks Bill. The Orions (3.3) were amazing in our Vancouver house -- great acoustics for those speakers. Not as good here in a "great room" of >1000 sq ft; way too much floor/ceiling reflection, difficult to place the speakers well without letting them dominate the space. Overall sound is very good 10~12 feet in front of the speakers/TV but bass thins and sound gets too diffuse quickly much farther.

I find your comment about FFA003 vs Wolverine interesting. I picked up a FFA002V2 (300w/ch) and got it set up recently but haven't done much with it. Thought about using it for the bass with these Orions, but each of the 4 Peerless 10" XLS woofers are driven by one channel of an FF001 -- 150W -- so total power available for the bass would be the same. The Wolverine amp interests me -- how did you implement yours? Do you have a description of your build here?

It was a EF3 Wolverine pretty standard built but used a switching power supply from Micro audio. Placement in my house is not optimal as the living room is open on one side to the rest of the house so the sound stage is screwed up, but other than that bass is great. I have the FFA002v2 I am putting a different front end with rca and balanced input with gain adjustable as well as better op amps.
Bill

It was a EF3 Wolverine pretty standard built but used a switching power supply from Micro audio.... I have the FFA002v2 I am putting a different front end with rca and balanced input with gain adjustable as well as better op amps.

"pretty standard build" is still pretty elaborate, from what I can tell. Huge heatsinks needed for the higher power versions & the lowest PS voltage is 50V for 120W@8R, right? I have a couple of 40V 700W Antec toroidals -- I wonder if they could be used with the Wolverine?

And you've measured improvements with your front end? Obviously you've heard something. I'd like to know more about this, too!

Thanks to Eric for the speedy delivery of my three FFA001V3-HB amps to the UK. I've repurposed an old preamp enclosure to get the first amp up and running, which is driving a B&C 12CXN88 coax driver. The driver is 100db so I did have some hiss (no worse than my other amps), but that was easily solved with 10db inline attenuators. Sounds very impressive to my ears.

My plan is to use the HB version of these amps for left, centre, right duties in my cinema room with active crossovers setup in my Trinnov.

Reactions: 1 user