IMG0110A.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,728
  • IMG0111A.jpg
    IMG0111A.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,678
Hello Apex and to all another DIYer

look my schematic attachment, VI Limiter 1 and VI Limiter 2

Whats your opinion,.... ?

which VI Limiter is better to protect the amp or better for powerful deep Bass and protect the amp ?

I like to feel deep heavy bass without smoking amplifiers

BGW did use in his legendray 750 B/C amps in the late 70 and 80s VI Limiter 2
and the bass was heavy and very deep without defective amplifier with continous overloading amps every weekend

A lot of newer amps especially Class D Amps dont had this deep bass and 3 QSC EX 4000 was overheating after 2 hour deep Techno, but 3 old Vintage 750 B was playing without problems all night long with JBL Subbass Speakers in RLA (Richard Long Sound System) without PA LIMITER we did test QSC before 12 years... the nightclub was closing on 31.12.2000....but the old BGW working since today in new installation for heavy deep bass... We did test old BGW with Powersoft Class D Amp about 2 x 1500 W 4 OHM before 5 years ....no way for Powersoft CLASS D V/s Vintage BGW Amp in deep bass, Class D Amp was clipping without deep Subbass feeling....I was shocked because spec from Class D is 3 times more output power

Newer 750 BGWs lilke Model 750G and a lot of chinese Class AB amps use VI Limiter 1

Finally: the Quasi NMOS Amp is sounding excellent and has the same deep subbas feeling like Vintage 750s... Class D really no way...a lot of DIYer know it....

I think about to add Class H and change QUASI Design to complentary BJT output for high Subbass output power...not good news to hear class H with quasicomplentary output is impossibile because Sound with N Mosfet Output stage is excellent... and free from Secondary Breakdown output device Faults

Attachments

• 2 Sample VI Limiter.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 1,292
Last edited: