A Revolutionary Pivoting Tangential Tone Arm

Hello everyone,

I am back with more photos.

17_RCA_connector_housing_assy.jpg

This is the RCA connector housing assembly, plus ground. It is attached to the back of the central column. In the future I'll try to locate it under the tone arm board.

18_RCA_connector_housing_rear_view.jpg

This is the RCA connector housing assembly as viewed from its rear.

19_cam_follower.jpg

This is the cams follower. It has two precision ball bearings attached to its underside which follow the two cams machined into the shelf. The underside of the cams follower has a machined recess which houses the printed circuit board of the servo amplifier. The "tunnel" visible at the six O'clock position allows access to a potentiometer on the servo PCB. The two large "vee" blocks visible at the top of the cams follower locate the tone arm assembly without any looseness.

20_cam_follower_bottom.jpg

This is a view of the underside of the cams follower.

21_cam_follower_PCB_assy.jpg

This is a view of the underside of the cams follower and the servo amplifier printed circuit board. The PCB is CNC machined, not etched and obviously has not yet any components soldered to it.

22_servo_PCB_component_and_solder_sides.jpg

This photo shows the component side of the PCB at the left and the solder side at the right.

23_2019_servo_.jpg

This image is of the servo amplifier PCB of my original 2019 tone arm.

It is getting late again and I am going to quit because I have to be up at 5:30 AM to get ready for my CNC date to machine the final two head-shells for my tone arm.

Sincerely,

Ralf