A60(+) Amplifier. Build this?

garfieldso

Do not be afraid. Your radiators are normal. I set it 2 times less, the temperature is 70 degrees at 25 mV (I set it with protection for experiments), 4 hours of loud music is the norm.
Exactly my thoughts.
@garfieldso: With your 2 inch long fins you don't have to worry. Just push it slowly to the level you like. With this amplifier you will get the sound of the best class A amplifier (the right blend of 2nd harmonic) without having to turn it into a stove.

I wanted to switch to the FM Acoustics 411(711) project, but after looking at the diagrams and following the advice of smart guys
I have several projects for the winter:
1. Wolverine
2. Alpha nirvana

I have purchased everything needed to assemble the above amplifiers, just time is the problem, as usual

I also work on:

3. E550 Field Effect Tube Class A Power Amplifier (similar to A60, AliExpress, but this will have to wait)
4. Active crossover
5. DAC based on XingCore USB Digital Interface PCM1536 DSD1024 and Parallel Dual PCM1794A PCM1794 Decoder
6. THD meassuring rig.
All I need is more time...

EDIT: almost forgot:
7. Two versions of parallel TDA7293 IC
8. Twoway amplifier using 4 channels based on STK 4042Xi

Reactions: 1 users
I compared A60 and Dartzeel. I like both. The first is a fast Ferrari, the second is a leisurely Mercedes. The A60 is good for pop music, more driving, Dartzeel is closer to the lamp. Well, this is my observation. It is interesting that there is little information on FM Acoustics compared to our favorites. while in the project. :) :smash:

garfieldso

I thought to put a separate digital display on the Macintosh for each channel, it would also be beautiful, instead of arrows, but my wife liked FM too. We decided all (almost) equipment in gold.;)
😅put a digital display is too complicated for me.
Due to my cabinet space is too crowded for better heat ventilation. I have made 2 24Vdc centrifugal fans (by using an external dc adaptor), just freely placed on top of poweramp near by the both heatsinks, for the use to extract the hot air and blow out to the front horizontally.

Attachments

• 20221209_103509.jpg
    20221209_103509.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20221209_103844.jpg
    20221209_103844.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20221209_203531.jpg
    20221209_203531.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: 1 user
I have several projects for the winter:
1. Wolverine
2. Alpha nirvana

I have purchased everything needed to assemble the above amplifiers, just time is the problem, as usual

I also work on:

3. E550 Field Effect Tube Class A Power Amplifier (similar to A60, AliExpress, but this will have to wait)
4. Active crossover
5. DAC based on XingCore USB Digital Interface PCM1536 DSD1024 and Parallel Dual PCM1794A PCM1794 Decoder
6. THD meassuring rig.
All I need is more time...

EDIT: almost forgot:
7. Two versions of parallel TDA7293 IC
8. Twoway amplifier using 4 channels based on STK 4042Xi
Great works👍

Great works👍
Indeed. One is Class A and other extremely low distortion class AB.
Our A60+ is somewhere in between - Class AB with Class A flavor.
If you have an oscilloscope you can meassure how A60+ good is, especially at low frequencies. Down to few HZ it has perfect square wave response and also very high bandwidth at high frequencies.

I just want to do some payback to this thread and Berlusconis efforts!

My A60 is singing and amazes me every time I listen to it. Probably the “fastest” amp I’ve heard. Also notorious to eliminate hum from. Took some Lundahls to tame it.
Anyway, I was so impressed that I bought an original, in my case an Accuphase A-46. I had high expectations as you can understand! If the clone delivers on this level, what would the original give?

84C7B20B-868E-45B5-BECB-EECAD75F5406.jpeg

Well, it looks like a million dollars, I have to admit that!
But in sound comparisons it sounds slow, veiled and mushy in lack of better words.

So my stick to the clone is my recommendation 😊

Reactions: 2 users