Aleph Jzm

I was commenting inclusion of copper plate, in between mosfets and main heatsink

does it bring lower temperature of mosfet body or not, that's for measuring

sure thing if copper plate is big enough
I'll take some measurements but someone else will have to supply temps on an ally heatsink.
I've never tried this heat removal method so have no idea whether it will be beneficial.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
to be controlled test, it must be at least conducted with same head, in same environment

if not in two (necessary) specimens in same time, one with and one without copper spreader

meaning - both channels biased to same Iq, one equipped with copper plate, one not

under condition that result is of interest to you

if not ......... well, I'm first one eager for shiny blingies, no judging from my side

:clown:

to be controlled test, it must be at least conducted with same head, in same environment

if not in two (necessary) specimens in same time, one with and one without copper spreader

meaning - both channels biased to same Iq, one equipped with copper plate, one not

under condition that result is of interest to you

if not ......... well, I'm first one eager for shiny blingies, no judging from my side

:clown:
Well, as I am not planning on selling copper heatsink interfaces, my testing will only be for my own edification.

My experience of other Class A amps which had an intermediate Ally heatsink between the power devices and the main heatsink was that there was over 10degree difference between the transistor case and the main heatsink.

I'm going to use audiio grade SMPS, 300watt, one for each channel.

They are only 10cm square and weight grams, cost is about the same as a 225va toridal and substantial capacitors. No switch on surge of course.

https://connexelectronic.com/product/smps300re/

I have used them on a Krell KSA50 clone with no audible difference from an analogue supply. I did fit a 50mH common mode choke between the psu and amps.

The aux output (12v on mine) is useful for poweriing a speaker protector and heatsink fan.