Alpha Nirvana 39w 8ohm Class A Amp

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Can anyone please inform me about the part number ( Mouser please) of the 15V zener for the snubber board?
Thanks a lot
I forget what the part number is - there is a schematic in post #961, also below. It is a basic 15v Zener in SMT format. I think this one should work, 5.2mm L x 2.5mm dia. Note that the polarity of the diode is different for N vs P channel MOSFETs.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/ZM4744A-GS08?qs=TNTIDjy6APo/9u5wXpJZkg==

1696603852080.jpeg

1696603996548.jpeg

Last edited:
¿Crees que la versión 8r está bien para esto?

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/attachments/2023-07-20-2-png.1195015/

¡Siento que no se haya adjuntado como me lo imaginaba!
Hola, mi opinión es que no. La impedancia mínima es de 5 ohmios y en un lugar (por encima de 100 Hz) donde el amplificador tendrá que suministrar energía. Debes buscar una carga que no baje de los 6 ohmios. Un verdadero altavoz de 8 ohmios no debe bajar de los 6,4 ohmios.
Saludos cordiales
DA885A00-E820-4368-9E88-B017C5634FF1.png

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Got the new sinks. Decent sized things. Fans are 80mm and have a 5 wire pwm connection, albeit the outer two (black) are linked. Don't know if this is compatible with the fan modules mentioned in this thread?!
Quite a weight to them so I'm hopeful they are suitable for some of my class a projects.

Attachments

• IMG20231010220800.jpg
    IMG20231010220800.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 1 user
Waiting for my pcbs to arrive from etsy ( I have heard some rumors for a worldwide tour before arriving ), I decided to play with my favorite layout 6 dealing with the designer's wonderful pcb ( It's a design over the original prototype ).
And here it comes the Alpha Nirvana 4R with all the values of the spare parts, no smd parts (I am old fashioned), no molex, according to my personal taste.
If anyone want the gerber files, i will send them in pm.
Your opinions would be more than welcome.
AN 4R SE MONO AMPLIFIER.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
For avoiding any further misuderstanding, I think I was very clear about that design. It is not the original-official Alpha Nirvana pcb. The layout 6 users can easily uderstood how i have made it. Open sprint lay out. press extras and click scanned copy. You insert the image( ie AN ) and add traces, parts etc while you make all your different changes to the copy. This specific design has no commercial purposes. Is it clear now? If somebody wants the gerbers. they are available to whom it may concerns! It can't be clearer!!!!!
It is like an offer to diyaudio community . I have made that pcb so that when XRK pcbs arrive ( I hope soon ) not to deal with Andy's BOM, 8R and 4R schematics. Thus my bench will be free of unecessary documents.That's all!!

That's more than a clear answer.
I have made that pcb so that when XRK pcbs arrive ( I hope soon ) not to deal with Andy's BOM, 8R and 4R schematics. Thus my bench will be free of unnecessary documents.
If there were any other purposes why should I publish it?
The pcb photo is intentionally taken in layout 6 photo view.
If the designers are offended by my personal work, I will surely and definitely delete it at once. I want to declare that I am not a seller of anything. I am an experienced technician electronic who is a hobbyist too ( I design tube preamplifiers for my own use ).

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That's more than a clear answer.
I have made that pcb so that when XRK pcbs arrive ( I hope soon ) not to deal with Andy's BOM, 8R and 4R schematics. Thus my bench will be free of unnecessary documents.
If there were any other purposes why should I publish it?
The pcb photo is intentionally taken in layout 6 photo view.
If the designers are offended by my personal work, I will surely and definitely delete it at once. I want to declare that I am not a seller of anything. I am an experienced technician electronic who is a hobbyist too ( I design tube preamplifiers for my own use ).
Not offended at all. I think you did a great job - I never said we were not happy. It’s just common courtesy and accepted practice on DIYA to cite the name of the circuit designer when posting a DIY design online.

Take as an example, the FH9 amp layout by member Sonal, he credits Apex and xrk for the mod of converting the FX8 to FH9. He puts his own name for the layout.

1697053878737.png

So I am just asking you add this to silkscreen Gerber: “Circuit by Hugh Dean”

Reactions: 3 users