And what did we buy today?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...proactive. ...

When I put the washer upstairs, I made a tag "Replace hoses in 2020". So I am actually a laggard.

In my defense I have a lever shut-off valve and we tend to turn it off every time. So they don't sit there swelling from the pressure day and night. (Not that we have city-pressure.)

Also I did buy hoses already, but forgot that I want the right-angle end to fit this machine.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Xiaomi Mi - portable 10 Bar electric air compressor. 40 € / 47 US $

20210915_223146.jpg

First I brought 2 bicycle tires 622*20 from 3.5 to 4.5 bar and then inflated four 205/55 ?? tires on my sister's

car from 1.5 :eek: to 2.2 bar.

A total of around 20 minutes of work for the little toy. The pumped volume is realy small.

Played with it for one more minute until the 2000 mA battery was empty and it switched off.

It is better than expected but it is what it is. A nice little toy.

PS:
Before i forget, it is a disposable item. Even the fixed end of the hose seems to be poured in.

Last edited:
I can’t count the number of times I’ve had to ride 20 or more miles home switching between the 39/11 and the 53/11. Shimano Ultegra 6700 shifters are particularly bad about cable wear. Didn’t have that problem with the old 6600 or 7800. I wish you could still get 7800 Dura-ace. I still have the crank, but that’s the only piece left.

Ultegra 6800 doesn't avoid it. This is second failure in the same area, both times saved by the same bike shop. Cable snapped in the shifter and after cutting through the outer sheath. This was never a problem with twenty five year old RX100 components at the expense a few hundred extra grams. Can't imagine ever going Di2 so it might be time to give SRAM another look. Works well on the cross bike.