Anodized aluminium push button with LED

This is the related wiring scheme for your needs, just in case. ;)

View attachment 1326267
This drawing does not apply.
It shows a DC power supply, (it is labelled +and -), and the device is NOT a transformer because it is also labelled + and -

To boot, diode is connected wrong: + terminal goes to - supply and viceversa.

Another error: it can only work with a 12V supply since 12V diode is connected straight in parallel with supply wires.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting, but even assuming that it will work (just as I hope for the OP) I sincerely wonder what happens if the diode 1N4007 (or even the resistor) under 240VAC fails. :unsure:
Why would they fail?

Back to OP problem:
1) "In principle" NO and NC switches can switch mains voltages as needed because they are 250VAC rated.
Pins 1-2 and 3-4 , pitch whatever pair suits your needs.

2) I want to believe this switch is "latching" , so push ON - push OFF which is the most common and useful application.
Does it click when pushed?

The word "monostable" is improperly used and confusing.
Probably google translated from Chinese or something.

3) the LED is fed DC 12V, typically derived from the device power supply.

Our friend Pimpom suggested one way to feed it current (instead of 12V) derived from mains.
It will probably work, but provide weak illumination, half wave average current through a 150k resistor amounts to meager 0.7 milliamperes or so.

I would think that that Led was designed to get 10-20 mA from a 12V source for a very visible red ring around button BUT datasheet says nothing about it.

Oh well.

Last edited:
The word "monostable" is improperly used and confusing.
Probably google translated from Chinese or something.
Very likely. As I said before, I assumed that it meant a momentary contact type. Don't know if this is what the OP wanted.

Our friend Pimpom suggested one way to feed it current (instead of 12V) derived from mains. It will probably work, but provide weak illumination, half wave average current through a 150k resistor amounts to meager 0.7 milliamperes or so.
Correct. I based the value on a safe level for a common 1/4W resistor.

Reactions: 1 users
This drawing does not apply.
You should have said, "This drawing does not apply to the OP's switch."

And we already knew this, since it applies to the switch I recommended in my link.
As matter of fact the OP himself, he asked me if I had a schematic for a 6 pins (as his switch) since the one I provided him has 5 pins instead.

It shows a DC power supply, (it is labelled +and -), and the device is NOT a transformer because it is also labelled + and -

To boot, diode is connected wrong: + terminal goes to - supply and viceversa.

Another error: it can only work with a 12V supply since 12V diode is connected straight in parallel with supply wires.
That is a drawing from the seller's site and generally the drawings that Chinese sellers make are accurate, maybe they are redundant with + and - because customers sometimes drown in a glass of water, but generally they work instead.

Again, the LED on that switch is rated 220V since they are 2 different switches: the OP's one and that I suggested in my link. ;)

Who knows?

If I can decide from my point of view, I would never use it with 220VAC in that scheme containing a 12V rated LED.
It's not a bare LED that is rated for 12V. There are no 12V LEDs. It must have an internal series resistor that will set a certain current for the LED when connected to 12V. Likewise, my circuit uses a resistor to set the current when operated from a much higher voltage while the diode blocks the reverse voltage. You can run an LED from 10,000V if you use the correct resistor value.

What's not wholly satisfactory about my circuit is that the current level is quite low and the LED will be rather dim. This is because a higher current will require a lower resistor value, but that will need a resistor of higher wattage. I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the OP who apparently has a limited background in theory.

The circuit could just as easily use a 68k 1/2W resistor, a 47k 1W resistor or a 22k 2W resistor to get a brighter light. And there are still more somewhat more complex options.

There are 6 pins and I don't know how to connect them in order for the LED to be switched on , when is powered and off when its not. Till now the LED remains on all the time.
I think that the LED is for up to 250V ( aluminium Black & Light Circle Red 1NO1NC 250V 5A Ø19mm ) so I think that is fine. The problem is with the pins . Do you have any schematic for the six pins configuration ?
If I understand correctly, Chymist has already connected the LED to mains voltage and it remains on all the time.
If he wants the LED follow the switch status, just connect the LED + directly to pin 3.
Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 17-56-46 Anodized aluminium push button with LED diyAudio.png

@ulogon : chrisng was talking about direct connection of the LED pins to the mains. JMFahey pointed out that that's a bad idea. My circuit does not connect the LED pins directly to the mains. The 1N4007 diode converts it to DC and the resistor then drops the voltage to whatever the LED needs while also setting the current.

Please read up about LEDs and how they are connected.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think we still don't know enough about that ####### switch, in the sense of if it is all really how it seems.

Also because I tried to look for a similar one some time ago and discovered that they are all similar, but different.

Just as an example, this is the scheme posted by OP related to his switch (6 pins, LED ones included).

drawing.png

But will it really be this? :unsure:

This is as a similar pushbutton with proper datasheet and two possible connections:

View attachment 1326656
Both these connections apply to DC supplies, here we are talking Mains/AC so simply not related to OP's problem.

As of:

Just as an example, this is the scheme posted by OP related to his switch (6 pins, LED ones included).

We can only analyze what was posted here.
That datasheet drawing shows 4 250VAC rated pins plus 2 polarized 12V Led pins, they also warn that both sets are NOT electrically interconnected, also that Led feed normally comes from "somewhere else".
Clear enough for me.

Only data missing is where is OP feeding his Led from, since it is illuminated.
To boot, permanently illuminated so IT IS fed from "somewhere else"
Clearly not from.Mains.

This thread is wandering because of poor or at least poorly written data:
  • Datasheet sounds poorly translated.
  • OP has not yet disclosed how he feeds his Led.

On the contrary, datasheet drawing is clear enough.
Hint: it's factory drawn and is NOT translated 😊

Last edited: