Any Experience with Amtrans AMCO capacitors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that they are used in a few upgrade kits, primarily for tube amps.

I have liked Amtrans polypropylene caps (AMCH) and generally consider Amtrans does a nice job of engineering something aimed at audio rather than industrial application. But the AMCO uses metallized mylar for the dielectric and with it's high dissipation factor, mylar (PET) is usually not as good as polyproylene for audio. I am just curious if Amtrans has found a way to make mylar sound good?

Just a few remarks:

- they work 'better' in high voltage applications like tube amps.
- after about 5 hours burn-in the heights get smoother.
- they are not the absolute last word in resolution, but in my ears they sound just right, not like many boutique caps that sound 'better than live'.

Peter

Amtrans caps replaced all 8 in my Schiit Gungnir Multibit dac that and Synergistic Black fuse
I found a tech that does these upgrades This dac is another another level.
For $500' well worth the freight more natural and detailed. These 8 pics fared caps
From Amtrans use a Foil lead and poly gold plated leads , the Synergistic fuse is also a must
These boards are very sensitive my friend cracked and destroyed his. This is why I pay the professionals to get it done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.