Supernova

Attachments

• 20240624_122522.jpg
    20240624_122522.jpg
    978 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I’ve used this hobby as a creative outlet for years too. That’s one of the reasons I was so determined to do my own casework and as much fabrication as I could myself.

I think DIYAudio is a great channel for creativity…but sometimes I miss immersing myself in something purely creative.

Good on you for continuing to pursue your creativity!

I haven’t painted since I was an undergraduate…I actually preferred pastel as a medium.

I ended up focusing on sculpture through graduate school.

I payed my dues as a studio assistant in NYC. Started showing in some group exhibitions. Then my first child was born. That changed things pretty fast.

I did manage to teach on a college level for a while and met my second wife in a bronze casting class I offered.

She had one of the most interesting and successful pieces in that class. We still display it in our entry way. Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary.

My daughter has shown an interest in sculpture and ceramics now and I get all excited when she discusses her projects with me.

I always thought speaker grilles could do better than a homogeneous beige or grey. Or black. Or Tweed. Yet, they are rarely a sq in surface used in an artistic way. One would think something tasteful and appealing could be done there. Back in the day Pioneer dared to go two-tone in their CS-R300...

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I find the speakers… looking strange. But, is this place yours? Where do you place yourself when listening?
Your wax-paintings are really cool (is there a pun? ;) )
I sit in the centre of the room.
What confuses you is likely second hifi system on the left, that's for home theatre. I use projector.

Attachments

• 20230225_130230 (1) (1).jpg
    20230225_130230 (1) (1).jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 18