• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB

That 195V is very high and will give less than optimum performance of the circuit.

You NEED a centre tap for the heater winding, it will not work without.
I would suggest a new transformer specified to the correct voltages. if you have high mains voltage specify the primary for that voltage.

That 195V is very high and will give less than optimum performance of the circuit.

You NEED a centre tap for the heater winding, it will not work without.
I would suggest a new transformer specified to the correct voltages. if you have high mains voltage specify the primary for that voltage.

Thanks for that. I had a plan for the missing center tap but got surprised by the high voltage as it was sold as 165V. I’ll get a custom transformer from audiophonics.

At one point I believe it was possible to buy a built and tested board, not sure if that's still the case. As for a MKII, I see from the Facebook page there's something called BBu (Ultime) Phonostage. Dual mono, that's a lot of valves. This thread at audio addicts too.

Can only dream it's on offer as boards...
You can still buy a fully built and tested BB3 PCB, just drop me a PM.

The BBu will not be available in the DIY sector.