Bliesma M74B three inch dome driver

Per PM request, Here are the values for the M74Be twin notch filters posted here earlier in this thread :
26µH // 4.7µF and 26µH // 3.3µF.
Please note that these values will have to be slightly adjusted according to real impedance data of each driver for the max performance.
In general, measure real value of each capacitor, introduce it in VituixCAD, optimize the value of inductor accordingly, wind the coil and adjust the value with a LCR bridge

Attachments

• M74Be twin notch.jpg
    M74Be twin notch.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 1 user
On many occasions, I added complexity (e.g. notch filter) to my design which sometimes, after blind testing, was found to be beneficial, neutral or detrimental.

The audibility of a resonance, and distortion rise caused by it, is dependent on many factors. Many AES papers document this in great detail.

It would be interesting to know if one can hear the M74B peak in a system when listening to music (not test tones).

If you do find it to be audible, try a passive elliptical LP filter realized by adding a capacitor+resistor across the series inductor of the LP crossover.

On many occasions, I added complexity (e.g. notch filter) to my design which sometimes, after blind testing, was found to be beneficial, neutral or detrimental.

The audibility of a resonance, and distortion rise caused by it, is dependent on many factors. Many AES papers document this in great detail.

It would be interesting to know if one can hear the M74B peak in a system when listening to music (not test tones).

If you do find it to be audible, try a passive elliptical LP filter realized by adding a capacitor+resistor across the series inductor of the LP crossover.
Why do you think an elliptical filter would make a difference?