Crossover questions

Also with Sonarworks this is the before and after of the speakers , with just the crossover installed on STEP 2 of the photos above, flat response ..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 15.53.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 15.53.06.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 15.53.30.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 15.53.30.png
    75 KB · Views: 9
I must admit that I am a bit confused by the information that's been presented. My understanding is that the intent behind using Sonarworks SoundID Reference is to achieve a flat response from the loudspeakers at the listening position. Some other desired target curve can also no doubt be created to produce a particular "voicing".

The first frequency response plot (light green) I assume is the raw uncorrected response of the loudspeakers with the Hypex DSP filters in the signal chain.

The second frequency response plot (light purple) appears to be the "inverse" frequency correction curve that needs to be applied to the loudspeakers to get them to produce a flat frequency response.

As far as I can tell, what hasn't been plotted for us to view is the frequency response curves of the loudspeakers when the Sonarworks calibration curve is being applied to your speakers. Can you provide us with that information?

So , this is totally embarrassing, one of the reasons why we have been getting an over all problem is, sonaworks id has been running in the backgrond all this time. we switched it off on the desktop but apparently it still runs unless you dont tolaty sign out.. F'''.. My sincere apologies, I am going to start once more and post my new results later, Two weeks wasted due to my f up..

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
You wouldn’t be the first ;) There are so many ways to mess it up. One common one that people do is that you have to turn off special sound settings/effects, make the throughput as basic as possible.

Reactions: 1 users