• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quanghao,

I ordered the DAC with the LL1684 installed and the discrete output separate. Since the DAC is being held up by the transformer, can I change my order to have the discrete output installed so that the DAC can be shipped now and the Ll1684 output be shipped later when you receive the transformers?

Mitchell Saywitz (msaywitz)

Low res files on the DAC?

I'm on the latest GB for the DAC - I do have some hi-res music files but most are 16/44.1 FLAC.
I know there are many variables but, out of interest, I'd appreciate it if any of the current owners (of the DAC) would give their impressions of how 16/44.1 low res files play on this DAC compared to other DAC's you have used - are there any general improvements in SQ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm on the latest GB for the DAC - I do have some hi-res music files but most are 16/44.1 FLAC.
I know there are many variables but, out of interest, I'd appreciate it if any of the current owners (of the DAC) would give their impressions of how 16/44.1 low res files play on this DAC compared to other DAC's you have used - are there any general improvements in SQ?

Thanks

Yes, I suggest to play the 16/44.1 with the new function of JRiver to convert the tracks while playing in DSD

media server for ...

Hi,

I wonder if you considered or would like to comment on the use of a Cubox Pro, which runs without a fan and costs circa 110 euros, for a media server?

CuBox-i -Mini Computer for XBMC player, Android TV Box and Linux

At 2” X 2” X 2”, the CuBox-i is the world’s smallest computer, they say.

There is a Linux OS for it and Jriver are porting their software to it.

The pro supports WiFi and a eSata II 3Gbps.

The CPU is a i.MX6 Quad. Is this powerful enough to manage DSD files especially if you want to make the conversion of PCM tracks in DSD while listening?

By the way a very nice implementation of yours. I was thinking of doing the same think but wanted to spend less.

Kindest Regards Pete

Ok, thank you very much!

But unfortunately I have one more question to you.

I've bought 2 dac modules from the first group buy and yesterday one of them stopped to receive digital signal.

After a short check it turned out that 3.3V DIG shunt has only 1.6 VDC output under load. With no load it has standard 3.35 VDC.

Could you advise how to fix that?

Thanks!
Daniil

the CuBox-i is the world’s smallest computer ...
There is a Linux OS for it and Jriver are porting their software to it.
Certainly JRiver is being ported to Linux ... but only for 32bit x86 processors at this stage.
ARM devices (such as the CuBox) may follow, but no time soon -
Build for arm processors

But for music-only media server applications, there are better options than JRiver, anyway.
For music-plus-video media servers, I can't judge, except to say that XBMC is ready-to-go on CuBox -
XBMC on CuBox - SolidRun CuBox Wiki

Please tell me your address, i will sent DAC for you.
Thanks!

Hi Quanghao,

Thank you for your answer.
In the month of August, I shall be absent in my place of residence (Paypal address)
Thank you for sending me the parcel at this address:

:cop: Deleted by moderation. Posting addresses and vacation schedules on the internet is never a good idea. Please send this information by PM only!

Can you indicate me the remainder to be paid (aluminum remote control, assembly, shipping)?

Thanks
Claude

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.