Denafrips Terminator II WIMA Caps

Well, in one word, beautiful. I've got to be careful of confirmation bias, but right out of the gate, it's more mellow; hard to describe. Better control, better detail, faster, more - dare I say - romantic sounding. Low frequency extension remains nicely, wonderful detail without any edge - and this is on first power up, 3 sources different tracks to gain a general feel. It's audiophool speak, but it draws you in. I've got to give it more time, but it's to the positive.. Very nice little change.

Attachments

• IMG_9579.jpeg
    IMG_9579.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9581.jpeg
    IMG_9581.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9582.jpeg
    IMG_9582.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9583.jpeg
    IMG_9583.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 50
So I can state two weeks later that Mundorf Silver.Gold Oil take a full 2-weeks in an active circuit to burn in. They follow the typical pattern - give a glimpse of what the end result would be, then regress (these did so for 2 weeks), then open up to what the initial experience was. In my DAC application, the caps increased sound stage depth - that is, the distance between the listener and the instruments, but possibly more prominently is the aspect of now being more surrounded by the music. This is the clear difference these fine caps made. Maybe some enhancement in tone, low frequency extension, detail etc, but overwhelmingly the result has been depth and surround. It sounds special, and absolutely no regrets!