Diesis Mini Bookshelf 1979 refurb

Easier pic to see the layout of the board.
IMG_5263.jpeg

I think I may have misread one of the resistors. I wrote down 7 Ohms for some reason but I rechecked today and they both come out at 5.4. The markings on one show 4R7 which I now understand means 4.7 Ohms.
So incorrectly ordered 6.8 Ohms from Falcon so I will have to pop to Maplin where they have 4.7 Ohm ceramic resistors , 5W , 5%, 350V made by Switch. Will they be ok as Falcon are Ā£15 min order?
Cheers

They will be fine for initial test and maybe another thirty years as long as you don't drive them at high power all the time.

Additionally, you may or may not need some other values? Especially if the new tweeters come across as a bit hot, so its handy to have a local source of supplies

Ok so ordered a couple of 4.7 ohm resistors from Wilmslow plus a couple ranging either side. I see the new tweeter starts at a lower frequency than the old H107 . If I need to change the crossover to allow more of the tweeter to work lower down do I reduce the resistor or increase it? Or would I need to change more on the board? Like the cap as well?
Iā€™m itching to get soldering ā€¦ā€¦.
Cheers
Phil

This is a rough approximation to your Xover, I think this is what you have.

Consequently to lower the Xover point for the tweeter go up in the capacitor value one E12 value step at a time.

I would suggest not doing this as its a fairly large value already and we do not know how you new tweeter is going to react. If you cannot get a reasonable sound then consider this as a final option. If you had some way of measuring these things its a lot easier.

To attenuate you can either increase the series resistor to the tweeter, or decrease the resistor in parallel with it. Only try one component change at a time and listen with differing music types so that you get a balanced sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-24 141824.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 141824.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 12