Digital crossover with an AES in & out for 4-way loudspeaker management?

hi olsond3,
nice ideas too !

but in the digital chain,
as we get a signal from USB (often), the convertion to AES is better than to spdif, because less jitter-sensitive (to get clear : AES is less jitter-sensitive to spdif)
SPDIF and AES EBU is the exact same signaling. They are just different voltage levels. How can one be less sensitive to jitter? That makes no sense to me. The conversion from one to the other is done with a transformer or level converter.

SPDIF and AES EBU is the exact same signaling. They are just different voltage levels. How can one be less sensitive to jitter? That makes no sense to me. The conversion from one to the other is done with a transformer or level converter.
Hi olsond3,
thanks for your reply, you may be right...(y)

but like many guy, I got a info a while ago, and I stick on it :) Thus, for me, AES/EBU is more reliable & less jitter sensitive than spdif.
I have to find the info that confirms my point :) , but if I remember "well", it's related to the clock recovery : this process is not the same when a device receive a spdif signal vs a AES-EBU signal.

phile1 Maybe have a look at this. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CDL313--hosa-cdl-313. It is just a signal level conversion to go between the two. There's no clock recovery in that box.
1719457844479.png