Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have sent 2 enquiries for alu/pet film.One to UK and one to Tyrkie.
My laminator is with thermostat switch.Original is 135' C. At my first tests i had removed the switch ,and controled the temperature by reducing mains ac 220 to app 150v using variotransformer.
Now, i mounted a 170'C.thermostat switch but it reaches 170' and drops to 150'.
I have ordered a 190' thermostat switch.
I made a bid at a PID thermostat at 10 USD. and got it.Looks like this:AC 110 220V SSR PID Digital Thermostat Controller for K Temperature Sensor | eBay

Bernt
The Laminator

Before I also buy a laser printer and some glossy laser photo paper, could you try ironing on a alu/paper foil with glossy paper?
It doesn´t need to be a full membrane layout.

Another thing, if the ironing method is used, several layers of toner plastic could be applied to get the desired thickness of transfered toner.
It´ll just be a question of re-aligning the paper to the alu.

BTW, I started with the photo resist method. Almost used up a can for one alu sheet.
I doubt it will work and it will for sure be expensive.

What spray brand do you recommend?

With the one I´ve have been trying is it very diffucult to get an even surface layer of photo resist due to that the aluminium surface is to "glossy".

ai cant help you with that , because i never use it, i just know it has usually more detail then toner transfer. you tried it on the non glossy side of the foil ? this could make a diference. and a really good clean could help to. further use more then normally to get a nice layer. a foam pad could help even things out as well or use a rubber roller. like they with etch art. just a few idea's cant say i tried it

:( thats sad. uhm maybe let someone laser it out of a transperant overhead sheet and us it as template for the stuff used to make etches ? or maybe even spray paint ? dont know if thats enough

ofcourse this limits the shapes and forms possible :(

cant er put the foil on a glass plate with some soap and water, en slightly roughen the surface? sanding paper or steel wool?

Last edited:
I am still eksperimenting with toner tape and alu/paper.
Have not got any 12/12 alu/mylar yet:The tyrkish dealer would only sell 500Kg.
Have just spotted this one:
URL]

Seen here:http://www.audio-consulting.ch/?Products:Speaker:Super_Tweeterfor_the_Rubanoide_Family

Bernt

Last edited:
I have not tried the Tool yet.I will use 6-7mmX 0.7-1mm.steel or alu plates in betwene the wires.
The diaphragm shown is made from my 12/12my. sample. It is only 70mm. long/high .
The factory will ship my 7/15my. X180mm film after the Chinese Hollyday, starting at 1. Oktober.
The Tool is made with M6 tread,with 1mm increase.If you use M8 it is 1,25mm. M10 is 1,5mm.

Bernt

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.