Does anyone use a Macbook Air as a Digital Music Source?

I can tell you one thing: I've put a LOT more time and effort into getting my digital file player/streamer running than I ever did with a CD player.

However, it is kind of a miracle that my half a wall of CDs now fit on a single storage device smaller than a deck of cards.
But then again, I have to keep that all backed up on no less than two other hard drives sitting in a drawer, for fear of the entire collection going poof and disappearing in an instant.
But still...

But to be honest, I listened to three albums off my digital player today while working from home. I just open a browser window and there's my entire collection. I could make a playlist on the fly and have music playing all day if that's what I wanted. Pretty cool.

As mentioned earlier, I've gone from 45s to LPs, 8-tracks to cassettes and now CDs. I'm not sure how many album (melon) crates they would have filled but I have about 300 CDs in three storage boxes in my closet.. All those CDs are ripped and stored on a microSD card which is smaller than a postage stamp.

I have the ripped files on my computer and a tablet I can take just about anywhere. And music player apps allow me to effortlessly make playlists with a few clicks, similar to the cassettes of albums and select songs I used to painstakingly record.

So yeah, all of this continues to amaze me....

Earlier I mentioned converting my ripped WAV files to FLAC, primarily because the information for the Macbook Air states for audio playback "Supported formats include AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos". Are these to only formats supported and, if not, how do I determine the audio file formats that are supported? Thank you!

MBA Specs