DSP amplifier required

Hi, I have a Behringer NX1000D for home use, and would like to replace it with something better. I use the DSP to EQ the speakers and room, and the one feature that I can’t find on many DSPs is DEQ. This is like a normal parametric equaliser, but with its own compressor. I have a 70Hz notch on the left speaker due to a bay window, and fill this in with the right speaker. This needs +8dB, so having a compressor on this stops overdriving anything when it’s loud, and there’s usually beer involved when it’s loud, so no one notices the notch

Any suggestions please on something around 50W per channel, and a bit more hi-fi and less PA. Thanks

Brian

PS Couldn’t find a better section to post it in, but open to any amplifier technology, class AB etc

But, is this going to be better than what I have?
It's unlikely that it will be better than what you already have. But for this price you can just buy it and check it out. Maybe this is what you need.

Much depends on your acoustic system and your hearing, the TPA3116D2 that is in this amplifier has nonlinear distortions at 3 kHz of 0.1%, at 6 kHz of 0.3%, this is sometimes clearly audible as sibilance. But again, a lot depends on the speaker.

I would prefer an all-in-one solution
I don’t even know, I haven’t come across amplifiers with chipboard for home use with acceptable performance. Consider this decision.
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ac-with-dsp-adau1452-100w-per-channel.410804/
Board
Board + optical spdif input/output
If you really need to have an analog input, then you can connect any ADC that has an I2S output to it via the I2S input. Or connect this board via an optical input to the WiiM Mini, which has an analog input, and as a result you will have a universal music station.

If you need a stereo solution and don’t need a case, then I have similar boards with only stereo with adau1452 with an optical input, with volume control from the remote control and a encoder, with the ability to use three presets in the adau1452, and such a board will cost only $60 . The board is the same as in the link below, but in place of the STM32 an adau 1452 is installed.

DAC 1452

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks uric-ch, some food for thought there, though distortion is quite high on the second one with the TAS5142, the first one is much better
I'll add this to my shortlist and look for suitable analogue inputs - balanced preferably

I might post in the PA section and see if there's anything in that world that would suit too

Thanks,
Brian

though distortion is quite high on the second one with the TAS5142, the first one is much better
The MAD-50 was designed to work with near-field speakers over the entire frequency band, so distortion was at the forefront there.
When I switched to three bands and DSP for the active speaker, the distortion faded into the background. For the reason that the increase in distortion occurs at maximum output power, and 60% of the power goes to the woofer, the channel of which distortion of 0.01% at 100 W is not so important, the woofer itself at a power of 100 W distorts at 5% and higher. The middle channel operates at less power from the low-frequency channel, so it receives less distortion, less than 0.01%, if you look at the level sweep, you can see that as the output power decreases, the distortion decreases and becomes quite acceptable, well, taking into account that Since active speakers are most often listened to at powers below 100W, the result is that the sound is usually at a level where distortion is 0.003%, which is more than enough for active speakers. The increase in distortion is associated with a reduction in the dimensions of the printed circuit board, which in turn made its cost more acceptable. I decided that the affordability of the price is much more important than distortion of 0.005% per 100W.
Level Sweep 4R 32V Ch0 Ch1.png

Thanks Al, there don't seem to be any manuals on the web and the one feature I need is DEQ, and this seems to be missing from so many DSP implementations. In the DSP I have now, DEQ is a PEQ with its own compressor, so if you need to fill in a notch somewhere, you can put limits on the power it will use to fill in the notch. So many DSPs seem to assume that you have infinite cone area and infinite power available, and this is never the case. Even the most famous DSP around here doesn't have it despite their forums having many requests for it

Does the Danville dspNexus have this feature?

Brian