European electronic parts shops?

Hi diyaudio,

after 7-8 years of pause from diy electronics, I finally have time and funds to start my hobby again. During this time lot of things changed so I'm wondering which EU web stores are now the most popular source of parts, mostly analog source, power transformers, with good quality parts and good prices?

Some of high/ish end stuff like nice signal capacitors and high quality resistors would be nice too.

thanks

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Distrelec in various european countries, they know and understand what they are selling.
RS-components (as said above) and Farnell are other sources.
I once tried Mouser, but proofed to use an extreem tricky cart-system, and some parts were suddenly not on stock causing my to pay ordercosts. Quitted it.
I also tried a supplier from India (2SC2398/2SA1028), and that was ok (save the reminding notifications afterwards).

In general, all these websuppliers only stock running parts and omit exotics. Local suppliers with a shop a scarce, but If you can localize them, they might have treasures on board.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I recently returned to diy, after longer break, as well. While catching with current state of affairs, meaning reding through several hundred of lengthy threads, some recommended component sources stood out:
For transformers Toroidy (look no further except for exotic specs):
Power transformers - Internet shop Toroidy.pl
Components: TME and Mouser.

Orders from TME are dispatched next day with airmail and your credit card is charged in Croatian currency.
Orders from Mouser are not subject to import duty! You have to order through some localized store for EU countries. For Croatia it is:
Mouser Electronics Croatia - Electronic Components Distributor
Local EU VAT is applied (20% in this case as Mouser store for Croatia is situated in Italy). So, you are purchasing inside EU and no import duties apply. Order is shipped from USA, but Mouser handles everything.
So far, I’m very satisfied with both Mouser and TME.

Thanks to all. Unfortunately ordering from non EU means I have to pay about 35% of import duties on all orders above 25 euro.
They even tax the shipping cost, that's nuts.

There is just VAT and there is no duty payable on electronic components.

Instead of jumping to conclusions you should rather create an account, fill up a few items in your shopping basket and do a trial checkout. I believe a basket of at least 50eur qualifies for free shipping but this may vary between countries.

Orders from within the US also attract sales tax, which is of course lower than VAT, but shipping i think is not free. In the end actual prices paid are not much different, no matter which side of the Atlantic you order from which is a very pleasant surprise if you reside in EU.

Normally i buy semis from Mouser and electromechanicals from TME.

There is just VAT and there is no duty payable on electronic components.

Instead of jumping to conclusions you should rather create an account, fill up a few items in your shopping basket and do a trial checkout. I believe a basket of at least 50eur qualifies for free shipping but this may vary between countries.

Orders from within the US also attract sales tax, which is of course lower than VAT, but shipping i think is not free. In the end actual prices paid are not much different, no matter which side of the Atlantic you order from which is a very pleasant surprise if you reside in EU.

Normally i buy semis from Mouser and electromechanicals from TME.

Exactly! Shipping is free over 50 Euros or so. Mouser / digikey handle the import taxes and VAT, so there is no "hidden" costs.