Finished first amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Terry,
It's a mechanical hum from the transformer. I guess the winder was feeling a bit limp-wristed that day. That's what you get for buying the cheapest I guess. :rolleyes:

There is only the slightest hum from the speakers. Can't hear it unless you go and put your ear next to the drivers. Good enough I say.

Luckily I live in the same city as Conrad, so if I need any big sinks, I can go to the factory and pick them up. I'm sure shipping to the states can't be cheap. On the bright side for you, there's a lot more stuff available there than here. For example, 10" speaker from PE: $80, shipping of said speaker: $87, plus customs fees and tax. Doh!
:bawling:

Thanks for the kind words,

Mark

Thanks for all the info and tips Mark. Very handy indeed.

I haven't recieved the boards as yet (chomping at the bit to get started!!) but I have started buying up bits and pieces and reading up till my head hurts. I will surely let you guys know how I get on. I work as a sparky 5 1/2 days a week so I think it will be a work in progress for a while.

BTW... There's no doubt my GF will be glad to get the kitchen table back too!!

Cheers,

Jeff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.