• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Karlsonator 53 enclosures

For Sale
Karlsonator 53 enclosure in baltic birch.
17"h x 9-3/8"w x 9-7/8"d
Removable rear panel
Removable baffle so you can easily fit the drivers.
Aperture, driver baffle, and rear panel fasteners #2 square drive.
2 inch diameter hole in rear panel for terminal cup.
About 14 pounds weight.

Baffle sized for PA130 or a pair of Faital 3FE25 or a pair of TC9FD drivers. You cut the appropriate sized cutout for your driver of choice.

I have 5 of these.

$100 each plus shipping FOB zip 98258

Attachments

• Karlsonator 5.jpg
    Karlsonator 5.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 1,445
I know this k-slot design subject has been discussed for many many years, but can someone tell me in a tl;dr way how this can sound good with the driver tilted way up away from the listener's position in front of the speaker? Are the k's meant for floor placement and just in general the listening position is expected to be at a significant angle above the driver?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I know this k-slot design subject has been discussed for many many years, but can someone tell me in a tl;dr way how this can sound good with the driver tilted way up away from the listener's position in front of the speaker? Are the k's meant for floor placement and just in general the listening position is expected to be at a significant angle above the driver?
The sound goes through the K apertures that serve as an acoustic lens and the sound is dispersed evenly. They do work well when placed on the floor drivers up or on high shelf drivers aimed down. But at stand mount level it’s a good height.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I'm afraid I know the answer, but is it $100 for each pair of enclosures or each enclosure singly? :: fingers crossed ::
I’m pretty sure it is each. The amount of wood and labor that goes into these is well above $100. You are getting a great deal on this. These have removable front and back panels. That’s a lot of extra woodwork.

You will want to do this to treat the boxes with melamine foam for them to sound optimal.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...or-0-53x-with-dual-tc9fds.239338/post-5577990