• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Speakers: dMar-Ken7.3 Slim CGR MarkAudio Alpair 7.3eN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are Planet10 designed speakers, the "dMar-Ken 7.3 Slim Classic Golden Ratio (CGR)" design. The use the Mark Audio 7.3 fullrange/wide-bandwidth speakers that have been "EnABLed" by Planet 10. The boxes themselves are made from high-quality birch plywood, assembled from a flat-pack kit cut for me by Planet10 Hifi. They are finished in Duratex (durable, textured finish).

I built these around July, 2014, and used them exclusively as desktop (nearfield) speakers for just under three years. They've been sitting unused in my basement for about a year now. They are in excellent condition, used strictly in a non-smoking home.

Dimensions:
7" wide
14.5" tall
10.5" deep

I am no longer constrained to desktop speakers, so am now building bigger floorstanding speakers, and no longer need these.

These are great speakers for small rooms or desktop.

Asking $250. Prefer local pickup in western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I will consider shipping these, but buyer pays shipping. They're big and pretty heavy, so shipping won't be cheap. But PM me if interested.

Edit: I played around with shipping calculators, it looks like shipping is likely $50-75 within the contiguous USA. These are fairly big and heavy, and I will pack them for the abuse to which I cynically assume all shippers subject parcels (anyone remember the opening scene to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective?).

Attachments

• skookum_speakers_2.jpg
    skookum_speakers_2.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 1,402
  • skookum_speakers_1.jpg
    skookum_speakers_1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,356
  • skookum_speakers_3.jpg
    skookum_speakers_3.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1,331
  • skookum_speakers_6.jpg
    skookum_speakers_6.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,314
Last edited:
Looking for anything in trade?

Sorry, not at this time. Just trying to downsize, already have more stuff than any sane person needs!

A bargain. Drivers alone are worth $290 new.

They served me well, and I'm a bit hesitant to let them go, as I do have some sentimental attachment. But they've sat unused for over a year now, and I don't see them getting any use in the foreseeable future, so de-cluttering must take priority.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.