• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: UPOCC copper handmade RCA cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale - with 1 week trial and a money-back option.

Euphoric Audio high-end RCA cable, 1m length, handmade in Bulgaria.

465128d1423703765-fs-upocc-copper-handmade-rca-cable-main-1-small.jpg
465129d1423703786-fs-upocc-copper-handmade-rca-cable-main-2-small.jpg

>>>Click for a description of the design materials<<<

!!!NEW!!! copper-cotton version is also available if you do not mind copper surface oxidation.

Design:
The conductor is UP-OCC 20AWG monocrystal copper from Neotech. It is put in molten paraffin and inserted in teflon sleeve while submerged. The paraffin fills any air gaps between the teflon sleeve and the copper metal, thus protecting the metal from oxidation. The teflon covered copper wire is then inserted in unbleached thick cotton sleeve. For finale it is covered with a cotton and elastomer outer sleeve for esthetics. No shielding is used.
Paraffin and teflon are chosen because of their low dielectric constant. The wire geometry is a low turn/length ratio twisted pair.
The RCA terminals are the gold plated RP-180GT from Kacsa Audio. They are soldered using WBT 4% silver solder.

Direction:
The cable is very direction sensitive. The direction is marked with a red and a black dot on each end. The red dot should be at the source and the black dot should be at the amplifier. You are free to listen to them in any direction you prefer.

465125d1423703085-fs-upocc-copper-handmade-rca-cable-direction-small.jpg

Sound:
A very lively sounding, transparent, airy, musical cable with good sound stage localization. Recommended for systems with a laid-back character. Could be a bit too much in-your-face for already aggressive systems. In this case, you can listen to it in the reverse direction - you will get a smoother sound.

High-rez photos:
Photo 1 - Main
Photo 2 - Main
Photo 3 - Neotech brand
Photo 4 - Zooming on the cotton sleeve
Photo 5 - Cotton burning

Price:
59 USD

If you have any questions, you are most welcome to PM me.
My e-mail address is: aknaydenov@yahoo.com
Skype address: aknaydenov
Telephone number: +359889 044 399 - from 07:00 to 19:00 (UTC: 00:00 time zone)
Bulgaria

Best regards,
Alexander.

Attachments

• main 1.JPG
    main 1.JPG
    738 KB · Views: 833
  • main 2.JPG
    main 2.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 792
  • materials description.JPG
    materials description.JPG
    843 KB · Views: 378
  • neotech zoomed in.JPG
    neotech zoomed in.JPG
    657.2 KB · Views: 318
  • cotton closeup.JPG
    cotton closeup.JPG
    649.6 KB · Views: 173
  • direction small.jpg
    direction small.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 955
  • thumbnail_1343379644_b.jpg
    thumbnail_1343379644_b.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 175
  • main 1 small.jpg
    main 1 small.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 965
  • main 2 small.jpg
    main 2 small.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 978
  • cotton burn.JPG
    cotton burn.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
What about the shield/return construction?

Kevin,

I mentioned it in the description:

Design:
The conductor is UP-OCC 20AWG monocrystal copper from Neotech. It is put in molten paraffin and inserted in teflon sleeve while submerged. The paraffin fills any air gaps between the teflon sleeve and the copper metal, thus protecting the metal from oxidation. The teflon covered copper wire is then inserted in unbleached thick cotton sleeve. For finale it is covered with a cotton and elastomer outer sleeve for esthetics. No shielding is used.
Paraffin and teflon are chosen because of their low dielectric constant. The wire geometry is a low turn/length ratio twisted pair.
The RCA terminals are the gold plated RP-180GT from Kacsa Audio. They are soldered using WBT 4% silver solder.
Regards,
Alexander.

Hi,

Very direction sensitive ? What asymmetry exists ?
rgds, sreten.

One direction sounds better than the other.

Paraffin is almost completely permeable to oxygen, so you might want to rethink the filler.

Can you give more info please? Where do you find info about different material permeabilities. Anyway it's much better than bare wire, there won't be air circulating inside the tube.
My personal DIY cable uses no tubing nor paraffin, it's put into bare cotton. Personally I do not fear surface oxidation and there is always some of it on every copper cable. Every plastic material leaks in air and any cable is prone to oxidize with time. My interconnects are two years old, have no visible layers of oxidation and sound fantastic. It's very important not to touch the copper with hands though. I always work with gloves.

No shielding? ouch.
What size is the Return?

The return is the same as the primary (20AWG) although it's better for it to be thicker and I can arrange that. Going to 18AWG for the Return will increase the cost with 6 USD.

Depending on your system and sound signature you want, I can suggest and install different RCA connectors. The stock ones are a bit on the calm side.

Last edited:
Hello ogie,

I haven't yet. I will when I get an opportunity to do so.

In my builds, I'm using the same Neotech UP-OCC wire.

Regards,
Alexander

-------------

badman,

I try to avoid any synthetic stuff around the cables. Maybe a cotton or wooden ring, but the price will go higher a little bit. My top priority is the sound and less the looks.

-------------

sreten,

Think of if as you wish. But to some people it does make sense.

Last edited:
What does make sense is the subjective audible difference depending of the direction no matter the asymmetry in the construction. This tip is to help users for getting the best sound from this product.

If it doesn't make any sense to you, you don't have to pay attention to it. Get a cheap, non-directional cable and be happy.

What does make sense is the subjective audible difference depending
of the direction no matter the asymmetry in the construction.
This tip is to help users for getting the best sound from this product.

If it doesn't make any sense to you, you don't have to pay attention to it.
Get a cheap, non-directional cable and be happy.

Hi,

So you randomly assign red and black spots to each end
of the cable, as there is no asymmetry in construction,
and then very dubiously claim its highly directional cable.

How do you match the alleged directions of your cables ?

rgds, sreten.

Hi,

At first, the cable direction is matched with the writings on the original wire. The writings follow with the direction from the source to the amplifier, the return direction reversed for the ground.

After assembly of the prototype, the final product was listened to. The best soundwise direction was the one with the writings in order.

If the wire is taken from the same spool, there is no need to listen to every pair I manufacture. But I do, just in case I've done something wrong somewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.