• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: UPOCC copper handmade RCA cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One direction sounds better than the other.

Can you give more info please? Where do you find info about different material permeabilities. Anyway it's much better than bare wire, there won't be air circulating inside the tube.
My personal DIY cable uses no tubing nor paraffin, it's put into bare cotton. Personally I do not fear surface oxidation and there is always some of it on every copper cable. Every plastic material leaks in air and any cable is prone to oxidize with time. My interconnects are two years old, have no visible layers of oxidation and sound fantastic. It's very important not to touch the copper with hands though. I always work with gloves.

The return is the same as the primary (20AWG) although it's better for it to be thicker and I can arrange that. Going to 18AWG for the Return will increase the cost with 6 USD.

Depending on your system and sound signature you want, I can suggest and install different RCA connectors. The stock ones are a bit on the calm side.

One direction sounds better than the other.
Why?

Mike

Is this thread congregating cable virgins from throughout the world? Never head of wire directionality? First time now? Seriously?

Does this mean the virgins have already embraced the idea that wire sounds differently and just have trouble with directions? If so, this is real progress :)

Hi,

So what happens if both wires have the writing in the same direction ?

rgds, sreten.

The sound is subjectively inferior.

Why?

Mike

Because I hear it so. And not only me. Three people (two of them females) near my system have approved it too, without knowing what was going on, but their description of the effect matched mine.

If you ask me for scientific explanation or measurements, I have none.

cable virgins...

Nice description. :D

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'd be more concerned that paraffin + braided cotton = candle.

It is Chanuka after all.

Hey look, if someone wants to buy a cable that they think sounds better one way or the other thats fine by me. I get upset when others try to force their beliefs on me.

The sound is subjectively inferior.

Because I hear it so. And not only me. Three people (two of them females) near my system have approved it too, without knowing what was going on, but their description of the effect matched mine.

If you ask me for scientific explanation or measurements, I have none.

Nice description. :D

If you ask me for scientific explanation or measurements, I have none.[/QUOTE

In other words...JUST BELIEVE! HAVE FAITH! We don't need no steenkin evidence.

Mike

nige2000.

I can also offer you a custom choice of RCA terminals, which influence the sound at least by 40%.Of course, the cost will alter, I can also build a custom cable with your personal connectors if you send them to me. You can choose from here:
EOS Electronics | Hi-Fi & Hi-End Audio | RCA Plug & Jack
With the original RCA connectors, the price is the same of course.

The shipment to Ireland is 7 euros. It's the slightly more expensive option, because it has insurance and faster delivery times.

The cable cost is 59 USD until the end of 2015 :)

Last edited:
Hello,

It depends of your budget. The gold plating will "round" a bit, giving the feel of more body and gentle sound, but it removes from speed and attack IMHO.

The RP-190ST is silver plated, but it costs a bit more than the double of RP180GT.

The total cost with RP-190ST will be 86 USD including the X-mass discount.
My personal cable uses RP-190RT rhodium and I love it, but it costs 101 USD.

Hello,

It depends of your budget. The gold plating will "round" a bit, giving the feel of more body and gentle sound, but it removes from speed and attack IMHO.

The RP-190ST is silver plated, but it costs a bit more than the double of RP180GT.

The total cost with RP-190ST will be 86 USD including the X-mass discount.
My personal cable uses RP-190RT rhodium and I love it, but it costs 101 USD.

right
will try to make it simple
can u price these two options in euro incl delivery

RP-190RT + RJ-133RT + cable
RP-190ST + RJ-133ST + cable

right
will try to make it simple
can u price these two options in euro incl delivery

RP-190RT + RJ-133RT + cable
RP-190ST + RJ-133ST + cable

(RP-190RT + RJ-133RT + cable) I assume:
4 pcs of RP 190RT - 44 EUR
4 pcs of RJ-133RT - 16 EUR
cable cost without the connectors 39 EUR
Total: 99 EUR

(RP-190ST + RJ-133ST + cable)
4 pcs of RP 190ST - 30,40 EUR
4 pcs of RJ 133ST - 12,20 EUR
cable cost without the connectors 39 EUR
Total: 81,6 EUR

Regards,
Alexander.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.